acceptance revoked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephie3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok guys i was wondering does anybody know of anyone who has ever heard their acceptance revoked for bad grades or getting an incomplete in one class senior year?

Members don't see this ad.

I really think the best thing you can do in this situation is be upfront with the schools you were accepted to. They are the only ones who will be able to tell you their policies on this. Good luck.

Yes, if you get lower than a C or don't complete the pre-req courses, your acceptance will be revoked. I know several students who had theirs revoked.

Members don't see this ad :)
but who knows, different schools may have different policies. the schools usually tell you their policy in the acceptance letters

i personally know one who had their acceptance revoked, so yes it DOES happen. keep up your standard of work otherwise the time you spent getting that acceptance will have been for nothing!!! work hard (or at a 70% mode :laugh:) for one last semester!!!!

I know someone at my school who's acceptance was revoked due to incomplete prereq. I'm not sure about a bad (below C) grade or other situations. They had to re-apply and re-interview and all that jazz the next year. They were also luckily re-accepted!

I also know that at my school I was instructed to send an updated official transcript after I completed my last prereq (after being accepted) so that they would know that all my ducks were officially in a row.

i know UoP wants B or better after post acceptance so does that mean you get automatically revoked by getting a C?

Hey guys,

Yea Im pretty curious too, I may be receiving a W on my transcript due to personal reasons for a winter class I am currently taking. I know the policy after acceptances for penn is that I need a C in all my classes, but what about Buffalo? and is a W worse than a C?

if you've already been accepted to buffalo, you are allowed to get a C and still be ok. I don't know about a "W"...