acceptance/still on waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arkroyal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it okay to accept an acceptance to a school and then withdraw later? (i was accepted to a school and am on waitlist for a school that I would rather go to if accepted)

Members don't see this ad.

arkroyal said:
is it okay to accept an acceptance to a school and then withdraw later? (i was accepted to a school and am on waitlist for a school that I would rather go to if accepted)

Ok...not trying to be mean...but how do you get this far in the process without knowing this? They tell you it at like every single school.

ND2005 said:
Ok...not trying to be mean...but how do you get this far in the process without knowing this? They tell you it at like every single school.

I've gotten that far in the process, and I didn't know either until I read the replies to that same question asked by a few other accepted students in another thread. I interviewed at seven schools and didn't hear about it once. I think this might have to do with Texas schools, where everyone receives their acceptance at once (Feb. 1) and not much movement is expected after that.