acceptance the day of interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woo101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went for my first interview about a week ago. My scores and grades were average for the school and I still had one required referrence out. After my interview they offerred my direct admentance on the condition I get my file complete. I was happily stunned just wondering if this was extremely rare??

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't believe it until I had it in writing.

woo101 said:
I went for my first interview about a week ago. My scores and grades were average for the school and I still had one required referrence out. After my interview they offerred my direct admentance on the condition I get my file complete. I was happily stunned just wondering if this was extremely rare??

Congratulations! You must be one hell of an interviewee! "admittance", not "admentance", good thing the interview was not written! Ha ha, just kidding. Good luck, future doc, I think that is extremely rare! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
woo101 said:

may i ask which school this was at?

i heard of ucsf doing this early in oct...so i assumed other places would do it too...

mdung said:
may i ask which school this was at?

i heard of ucsf doing this early in oct...so i assumed other places would do it too...
Congrats!...that sounds like every applicant's dream situation just short of being accepted without having to interview. Even if it were a negative decision, I think I'd be much happier knowing right away than having to wait for 6 months like I am for some schools.

At one of my interviews, they told us they could tell us that day if we had been accepted or not and they actually thought about doing this but then after more thought they felt it was better to put some distance between themselves and the applicant prior to giving them the news. :)

i think they should line everyone up on a fence after the interview, just like before a game of kickball at recess...

....we'll take you......and you.....and you and you......and, you three over there can, uh...keep score...

woo101 said:

Its not the norm. I hope they don't do face to face rejections on the spot too.

I've been told,"your defenitely in" blah blah blah
I don't believe it until I get it in writting....
I was waitlisted in two schools that told me your in...

It was Marshall. The assistant dean shock my hand and said welcome to the class of 2010 so i haven't been filling out secondary applications for other schools, because this school is my first choice. I know a handshake is not a like having it in writing, but should I worry about it. Right now I'm just assuming that everything will go as planned until it is official.

woo101 said:
It was Marshall. The assistant dean shock my hand and said welcome to the class of 2010 so i haven't been filling out secondary applications for other schools, because this school is my first choice. I know a handshake is not a like having it in writing, but should I worry about it. Right now I'm just assuming that everything will go as planned until it is official.

Well they still should send you an official acceptance packet, etc, did they say when they were going to do that? Two schools I interviewed at basically told me I was in (one the interviewer and another both my interviewer and the dean) however they both told me when I would be getting my letters (I got them within 2 weeks.) I wouldn't start telling people until AFTER it's official.