Acceptance Timeframe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siinew

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the actual range of time it takes to be notified of acceptance at most osteopathic schools. I realize this probably depends on the school, and the one I am actually asking most about is UNTHSC (Ft. Worth), but I seem to remember reading from time to time that some people have actually even been accepted during their interview. Does anyone know if this ever actually happens?

The Ft. Worth school (on their website) states that they start sending out notifications as early as, I believe, 10/1, but if they are on rolling admissions (like everyone else), I wonder if there are times that they say, within a few days of an interview even, "we really want this person, let's send out an acceptance and see if s/he bites" ??

Any comments or experiences on this topic?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

siinew said:
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the actual range of time it takes to be notified of acceptance at most osteopathic schools. I realize this probably depends on the school, and the one I am actually asking most about is UNTHSC (Ft. Worth), but I seem to remember reading from time to time that some people have actually even been accepted during their interview. Does anyone know if this ever actually happens?

The Ft. Worth school (on their website) states that they start sending out notifications as early as, I believe, 10/1, but if they are on rolling admissions (like everyone else), I wonder if there are times that they say, within a few days of an interview even, "we really want this person, let's send out an acceptance and see if s/he bites" ??

Any comments or experiences on this topic?

Thanks

Good question, from what they said at the interview and online it looks like as early as October 15th for out-of-state and DO/PhD. Early as November 15th for Texas Residents to February 15th (match day). Late as first week of class.

I hate waiting...I loved that school. :love: