acceptance to PA program without bachelor's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shakingthetree

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in texas and taking PA prereqs right now..I'm 5 classes away from my bachelor's degree, but I'm only able to take about 2 classes at a time due to having two young children and limited funds for extensive child care...SO...there are two programs here, one "requires" a bachelor's degree, the other does not, although says it's "recommended"..I was wondering if anyone knows if getting in without a bachelor's is a really long shot. I could take the 5 remaining classes and get my bachelor's, but it would add another year on to applying for the PA program, since I also have 5 more PA prereqs to take in addition to the 5 required to fulfill bachelor's degree...thanks for input.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not just having the degree. How is your GPA? Medical exp? Etc., etc.

So far, my science GPA is 3.5 and undergrad (in psych) is 3.0..Also, I have good medical background...trained (and certified)as an EMT and worked in a hospital for 5 years in CCU as a patient tech and EKG monitor tech and also in L&D in the OR as a scrub tech for 1 year...I'm hoping that would have influence, but not sure if that would carry not having a bachelor's...I was just wondering if anyone knew of others accepted w/o bachelor's..

Members don't see this ad :)
So far, my science GPA is 3.5 and undergrad (in psych) is 3.0..Also, I have good medical background...trained (and certified)as an EMT and worked in a hospital for 5 years in CCU as a patient tech and EKG monitor tech and also in L&D in the OR as a scrub tech for 1 year...I'm hoping that would have influence, but not sure if that would carry not having a bachelor's...I was just wondering if anyone knew of others accepted w/o bachelor's..

Try http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/
there are a ton of similar discussions about this. Hint look first and your question will probably be answered.

David Carpenter, PA-C

I was accepted w/out a Bachelor's...

Hey,
thanks for the responses..I will check out the above link...