Acceptance w/o interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CJ122638

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that NYU accepts alot of people with out interviews. Are there any other schools that do the same thing?

Members don't see this ad.

CJ122638 said:
I've heard that NYU accepts alot of people with out interviews. Are there any other schools that do the same thing?

Creighton Dental School accepts you without an interview.

which applicants do NYU accept w/o an interview? like what kind of stats.. they must be really really good

Members don't see this ad :)
for the schools that don't give out acceptances without interviews, even those sometimes give out acceptances without interviews hehe. i know it's a different field, but i have a friend who got into emory law without even applying!

That was probably because he had a 99th percentile on the LSAT. Some MBA schools also offer admissions to people that have high GMAT scores. The fact that these types of schools don't even bother looking at transcripts and other personal info is perplexing.

When it comes to Dental Schools however, I don't think any of them are that ignorant. Yes, some have 1000s of applicants, but believe me, all your extracurriculars, your personal statement, and your grades are thoroughly reviewed even if you're accepted somewhere without an interview.

Marquette doesnt require interviews either. However I think if they are on the fence about your application, they extend an invite for an interview.

Hello everyone,

I know that SIU does take students in without interviews. You practically have to be instate though.

Mel :D

practically instate?

u gotta live within 20 miles of the border

Why would you prefer to go somewhere where they don't interview?

I would worry that all my classmates would be socially backwards. That seems to be a lot of the interview..."Sure this applicant looks good on paper, but do I really want to have them at my school for four years and do I want everyone else to know that he/she is an alum from this school?"

Not true, they used to do that, but in the last 2 years they have been interviewing. The only people that can get in without an interview are the instate people and its because that applicant pool is much smaller.

ltd3972 said:
Marquette doesnt require interviews either. However I think if they are on the fence about your application, they extend an invite for an interview.

Why would you prefer to go somewhere where they don't interview?

I would worry that all my classmates would be socially backwards. That seems to be a lot of the interview..."Sure this applicant looks good on paper, but do I really want to have them at my school for four years and do I want everyone else to know that he/she is an alum from this school?"

socially backwards? a lot of the times when people go in for interviews, they hide their true characteristics really well. they might seem fine, but when school starts, their true colors will show.