Acceptance/ Waitlist 2017 - All schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denmim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I know you all are geared up for 2017 cycle and I wish you all luck.

As we all know there are relatively few seats and more number of applicants, we need to work as a team to support each other through this relatively difficult process.

As the year goes, more people will start getting acceptances, hopefully at multiple schools.
But there are people who are waitlisted or will be - which I don't think is bad at all - it is a great sign of hope.

This thread is to share your offers, waitlists and if you would be leaving one offer for another. This helps people who are on waitlist to have little glimpse on what could be there in store for them in future so they don't die of uncertainty and anxiety.

This will also help people applying in future to know the waitlist movement rate for each school. No thread such as this has been created till date - I felt it is high time to create one - so I did.

As per my knowledge, this year schools that have already interviewed are:
UIC
VCU
UW

Please add more if you know.

People who have been accepted, could also share their journey.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there,

I Am waitlisted at UW!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

Applied to UIC, UPENN, UCLA, UOP, UTSA, UB

Accepted at UIC

Rejected at UPENN

Will update once I hear back from other schools.

Thanks

Accepted to Colorado
Waitlisted at UW
heard nothing from UPenn
Invited to Loma Linda

I am still waiting to hear for the interview results at UPenn and decide. UW for sure out of my list.

Yeah, I am waiting for upenn as well.. when was your interview ?

Thanks for replying everyone. It's great to see people coming up to help each other:)

If people who are accepted at two places could also mention about their final decisions, it will be of great help.

I know it's a bit early, but as days go and as we land in August/September things will start becoming exciting..:heckyeah:

Hope more and more people get talking here:)

Cheers.

Hey all

I feel this is the right place for me to ask my question. Could someone please recommend me where I can improve my profile. Not sure Why I'm getting rejection. FYI, No school has called me for interview.

BDS from India
MBA from US University
GPA - India - 3.8
GPA - USA - 3.26
NBDE Part I & II
TOEFL - 97
15+ CE Courses
Shadowing currently
LOR's from Dean, Chair of MBA, Head of Dept
<1 yr home experience as Dentist
Five years inactive as Dentist - All inactive days - US work experience, Part I & II, Shadowing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all

I feel this is the right place for me to ask my question. Could someone please recommend me where I can improve my profile. Not sure Why I'm getting rejection. FYI, No school has called me for interview.

BDS from India
MBA from US University
GPA - India - 3.8
GPA - USA - 3.26
NBDE Part I & II
TOEFL - 97
15+ CE Courses
Shadowing currently
Five years inactive as Dentist - All inactive days - US work experience, Part I & II, Shadowing.

Maybe improve your toefl and tailor your personal statement. talk about why you decided to pursue an MBA and what made you come back to dentistry.

Hey all

BDS from India
MBA from US University
GPA - India - 3.8
GPA - USA - 3.26
NBDE Part I & II
TOEFL - 97
15+ CE Courses
Shadowing currently

I am in same situation as yours. 5 Yrs corporate experience in USA and 6 months home experience. Shadowing for the past 3 yrs. I got rejections from all schools last year except one and got rejected after interview. I refined my SOP, justified my job and how my job molded me to a different person, did many hours of volunteering and additional CE courses. Also gave ADAT. Not sure if this helps. Improved Toefl from 101 to 110. The challenge is I work for 40 hours/week at job and doing all these to improve my CV is not an easy task but I justified this situation. So far got IV in 2 schools and rejection from the rest. Hopefully il get alteast one from Cali schools.
Hopefully you will get call from Cali schools. Good luck. Like @jaggadaaku suggested, justify your situation in SOP and what motivated you to get back to dentistry and last may be to stay competitive, improve Toefl.

Accepted to Colorado
Waitlisted at UW
heard nothing from UPenn
Invited to Loma Linda
Hi

Can you please share your profile?
I'm interested in applying to uni of Colorado and I will very much appreciate it if you share your experience with it.

Thanks

Hey all

BDS from India
MBA from US University
GPA - India - 3.8
GPA - USA - 3.26
NBDE Part I & II
TOEFL - 97
15+ CE Courses
Shadowing currently
You have more experience as non dentist then a dentist. Schools don't think you want to be a dentist much. TOEFL is low. USA GPA is low, but not much you can do about it. Find an opportunity to work in a dental field, even as volunteer dental assistant. Improve your personal statement

Maybe improve your toefl and tailor your personal statement. talk about why you decided to pursue an MBA and what made you come back to dentistry.
Thank you so much for the inputs. I look forward to doing that.

I am in same situation as yours. 5 Yrs corporate experience in USA and 6 months home experience. Shadowing for the past 3 yrs. I got rejections from all schools last year except one and got rejected after interview. I refined my SOP, justified my job and how my job molded me to a different person, did many hours of volunteering and additional CE courses. Also gave ADAT. Not sure if this helps. Improved Toefl from 101 to 110. The challenge is I work for 40 hours/week at job and doing all these to improve my CV is not an easy task but I justified this situation. So far got IV in 2 schools and rejection from the rest. Hopefully il get alteast one from Cali schools.
Hopefully you will get call from Cali schools. Good luck. Like @jaggadaaku suggested, justify your situation in SOP and what motivated you to get back to dentistry and last may be to stay competitive, improve Toefl.
Yeah! I wish you good luck and hope you get offered this year. I will definitely improve my TOEFL and start working for a volunteer dental assistant. We are kind of in the same boat. The absence of hands on experience in dentistry.

You have more experience as non dentist then a dentist. Schools don't think you want to be a dentist much. TOEFL is low. USA GPA is low, but not much you can do about it. Find an opportunity to work in a dental field, even as volunteer dental assistant. Improve your personal statement
Compared to my first-time application, I have improved my SOP - I feel. Sure thing and thank you so much for your support and thoughts. Will look forward to improving TOEFL and DA.

Hi

Can you please share your profile?
I'm interested in applying to uni of Colorado and I will very much appreciate it if you share your experience with it.

Thanks
GPA 8.5
Toefl 110
PArt 1 & 2
Five years exp as dentist
7 months Exp as DA
CDE courses and voulnteer work.
let me know your question, I l be glad to help.

I have heard many good things about Colorado school and was personallly impressed by their managments on the interrview and bench exam day. They took care of every minor details. the school weighs your profile, performance in bench and interview all equally. Each carries weightage of 1/3rd. You deliever, you get in. No ifs no buts.

GPA 8.5
Toefl 110
PArt 1 & 2
7 months Exp as DA

I have heard many good things about Colorado school and was personallly impressed by their managments on the interrview and bench exam day. They took care of every minor details. the school weighs your profile, performance in bench and interview all equally. Each carries weightage of 1/3rd. You deliever, you get in. No ifs no buts.

Thank you so much :)

Waitlisted at Colorado.

I'm curious how many of us are waitlisted there?...

Waitlisted at Colorado.

I'm curious how many of us are waitlisted there?...
Is this for the class of 2019?
They just opened their cycle for the class of 2020

GPA 8.5
Toefl 110
PArt 1 & 2
7 months Exp as DA

Hey Please can you guide me with interview, bench preps and requirements, resources, accommodations. It would bbe very helpful to me