acceptance without finishing prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glk2101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have completed all my pre reqs except for general chemistry lab..what happens if i get an acceptance and don't take the lab in the spring? do they review this later on?

Members don't see this ad.

i have completed all my pre reqs except for general chemistry lab..what happens if i get an acceptance and don't take the lab in the spring? do they review this later on?

Then your place will probably be offered to a lucky guy, waiting to get a spot in that school. They won't let you in, if you don't complete all the pre-requisites by the end of the spring session.

You can't finish a one credit lab?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't finish a one credit lab?

im going to do it, its just a huge pain in the ass at my school, and it actually is many credits as gen chem lecture

im going to do it, its just a huge pain in the ass at my school, and it actually is many credits as gen chem lecture

Stuff like this builds character. Look how character filled we all are!

Chem lab doesn't sound too bad, especially since you know you're going to d-school anyway.

is dental school like chem labs?

i sure as hell hope not...

Nah, he/she just means that taking a chem lab won't be so bad if the OP already knows that he/she is in.

You don't have to finish it by spring, you just have to finish it before you enroll.

i have a somewhat similar situation:

im a junior and i havent taken organic chemistry lab (2 credit) yet, and i rather take it senior year instead of next semester. will this be looked down upon by dental schools when i apply in may?

i have a somewhat similar situation:

im a junior and i havent taken organic chemistry lab (2 credit) yet, and i rather take it senior year instead of next semester. will this be looked down upon by dental schools when i apply in may?

I don't think they care so long as you have enough of the pre-reqs done by the time that you apply.

I don't think they care so long as you have enough of the pre-reqs done by the time that you apply.

well i plan on applying in May. i wouldnt have orgo lab done until december (Fall semester). is this ok?

well i plan on applying in May. i wouldnt have orgo lab done until december (Fall semester). is this ok?

i don't see why it wouldn't be ok cuz they have the Academic Update period where you can update classes your taking and plan to take.