Acceptance without interview.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called NYU on Friday. They told me they are going to accept some of students without interview. they said this is first time they offer without interview..

anyone know what percentage they offer admissions without interview??

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that not all the NYU dental students can graduate. The school kicks students out of the program.

shinji said:
I heard that not all the NYU dental students can graduate. The school kicks students out of the program.

It used to be like that but I believe starting last year they now accept less students. From what I've heard they are making a lot of changes and don't want that reputation of a weedout school.

As for acceptances without an interview, they did that last year and I'm sure they've been doing it for a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
HySaad said:
Thats big time true. After the first year they kick out 100 students which is 1/3 of the class. They do this to allow 100 international graduates. Like Dentists from other countries go to school for only 3yrs, so they get to skip 1st. Its a good school but id hate to have that hanging over my head all first year.

Gabe

1/3 of the class are kicked out...... is this true?
they kick students up based on what...??? if you get C, kicked out from school??

kimsaekyu said:
1/3 of the class are kicked out...... is this true?
they kick students up based on what...??? if you get C, kicked out from school??

no it's not true. gabe is one of those *****/idiots that passes on heresay and rumors as factual information.

HySaad said:
Who you calling a ***** loser? Its nice that you can act tuff at home infront of a computer, ha? I know someone thats D4 at NYU and he told me that first year 1/3rd of his class was gone and replaced by foriegn doctors. So check ur facts agian loser and watch wht u say about ppl. Oh and by the way, i think you may have gotten upset becuase ur afriad ull be apart of that 1/3rd. HaHa... Good luck getting in anywhere with that white trash attitude :laugh: :smuggrin:

Gabe

Actually, you are the one thats wrong. The school has changed and is no longer like how you are making it out to be. If you fail multiple classes, then you may be asked to leave. Basically, if you fail out, its because you earned that right.

Well, I just spoke to a current 1st year student at NYU and he said that the rumor about many students (one third!!) being dropped is simply ridiculous cuz it doesn't happen. Maybe a few, def. less than 10 per year. If they drop one third ... what kind of message would they be sending about their own school and their admissions process?

kimsaekyu said:
I called NYU on Friday. They told me they are going to accept some of students without interview. they said this is first time they offer without interview..

anyone know what percentage they offer admissions without interview??

thanks

I wonder what stats do you need to have in order to get an acceptance without interview? Anyone knows?

How many people do they actually kick out after the first year? How does that compare to other school?

HySaad said:
Who you calling a ***** loser? Its nice that you can act tuff at home infront of a computer, ha? I know someone thats D4 at NYU and he told me that first year 1/3rd of his class was gone and replaced by foriegn doctors. So check ur facts agian loser and watch wht u say about ppl. Oh and by the way, i think you may have gotten upset becuase ur afriad ull be apart of that 1/3rd. HaHa... Good luck getting in anywhere with that white trash attitude :laugh: :smuggrin:

Gabe

wow, you know someone who is a D4 at NYU!?!?! that's amazing. phremius must not have a clue what he's talking about since you know someone.

oh wait, he is a D1 at NYU himself. whoops!

organichemistry said:
wow, you know someone who is a D4 at NYU!?!?! that's amazing. phremius must not have a clue what he's talking about since you know someone.

oh wait, he is a D1 at NYU himself. whoops!

anybody know anyone who get accepted without interview (stats?)
just want to compare with my stats.

Aa 22, Ts 22 Pa 18 Gpa 3.8

elz787 said:
Aa 22, Ts 22 Pa 18 Gpa 3.8

That is pretty high, are you talking about average or just one person's stats?

This may be wrong, but the reason I heard they kicked out so many people is because a few years in a row they made the mistake of accepting too many D1 assuming many would choose another school and they didn't. so to make up for it they had to get rid of some of them so they had space for those that actually need chairs (D3 andD4). I heard they aren't planning on doing that again. once again I don't even know where I heard this nor that it is true, but something to chew on.

HySaad said:

Gabe

1/3 of 250 students sure sounds like a LOT.

kimsaekyu said:

one persons stats, but i would assume thats fair enough in order to be accepted without an interview.

elz787 said:
one persons stats, but i would assume thats fair enough in order to be accepted without an interview.
That may not always be true. At least one SDN-er with average numbers got accepted to NYU without an interview last year. In addition, there are many with outstanding numbers that still had to go to the interviews.

kimsaekyu said:

Last year, one of the posters on SDN got in without interviewing with something around a 3.0-3.2 and I think a 20 DAT.

Hey people :) does nyu send you a letter in the mail or is it email, that they are considering your application without interview?

I was under the impression that the only students that they would accept without an interview were reapplicants that had already interviewed before.