Acceptance + WL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have an acceptance at school A, I should formally accept the offer ASAP, while hoping/waiting for school B? And if I get off the waitlist at school B, what would be the process for telling school A that I am changing my mind after accepting?

I just wanted to double check and make sure I'm not violating some unstated premed rule

School A: accepted
School B: waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

If your deposit is due before you find out if you're off the waitlist or not, you should definitely accept school A. If you do get off the waitlist at School B, you just email admissions and tell them. Super simple

Nice to see a fellow Longhorn, by the way!

Reactions: 1 users
If I have an acceptance at school A, I should formally accept the offer ASAP, while hoping/waiting for school B? And if I get off the waitlist at school B, what would be the process for telling school A that I am changing my mind after accepting?

I just wanted to double check and make sure I'm not violating some unstated premed rule

School A: accepted
School B: waitlisted

The same exact situation like mine. Pay the deposit for school A now since it will probably be due before you get the final decision from school B. If you get the A from school B in a few months and it is your top choice, you will lose the school A deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice everyone! Hook 'em :)

Reactions: 1 user