Acceptances on Dec. 1st???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdawg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that traditionally acceptances are offered promptly on the morning of December 1st via phone, email, and letter mail. If 01 Dec falls on Saturday this year, will schools still be making calls and sending email?

I don't mind hearing your speculation, but if anyone has heard from schools directly I would love to know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that traditionally acceptances are offered promptly on the morning of December 1st via phone, email, and letter mail. If 01 Dec falls on Saturday this year, will schools still be making calls and sending email?

I don't mind hearing your speculation, but if anyone has heard from schools directly I would love to know. Thanks.

we'll most likely have to wait till the 3rd.

Members don't see this ad :)
two days (and it's weekends) really doesn't matter that much

I'll bet you will know from some schools Dec. 1st. UF gives calls, Buff updates their website, etc. If not, then first thing Monday morning!

Someone said it before, 2 more days are nothing compared to the endless wait from the beginning of the whole process!

They send you a singing telegram if you are accepted, it arrives right after breakfast

several of my acceptances arrived on dec 4th and 5th. i actually only received one of my acceptances on dec 1st.

My birthday's Dec 1st and I was hoping for a nice present on that day... Pity it had to fall on a Saturday this year!

If schools make phone calls, you'll probably have to wait until Monday to hear the good news. If they send letters, there's a great chance you'll get it on Saturday. If they email, you may get them on Sunday.

How early did people need to apply to even expect Dec 1 letters? In other words, when should they have submitted their app?

i submitted my application a week ago...is that too late to hear by december?

you're still on the 'early' end of the wave...don't let people on hear discourage you b/c they finished everything in may-june...Dec. 1st is still 4 months away. Be patient...the good news will come!;)

i submitted my application a week ago...is that too late to hear by december?

nobody can really answer that question. if you get an interview before december then there is a chance that you will get an acceptance on dec 1st.