Acceptances question

Started by Danny0230
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Danny0230

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long does it take to find out about acceptance/rejection for interviews after the first round of acceptances? Is it rolling? or a specific date?

I have a few pre-nov 31 interviews and a few post-nov 31 interviews, but I'm concerned that if I get accepted by one of the first few schools I interviewed at, there will not be enough time interview and hear back from my 2nd set of interviews. I guess this would be a really good problem to have, but it's pretty important that I know all my options of where I could attend before making such a huge decision.

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The best thing to do is explain the situation to the schools when you interview. To my recollection, in past cycles the ADCOMs have been very forth coming in these situation. They are certainly aware of the limited amount of time applicants have to accept their seats. Plus, if your asking them what the odds are that a decision will be made on your application before such and such a date, it is likely that you prefer their school over your current options.
 
Make sure you don't mention all those 'pre-Nov 31 interviews' at your interviews. November only has 30 days.