Accepted and Engaged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emidesu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm 39 and have been accepted to med school after trying for several years- AND I just met the love of my life this summer. We are engaged and will get married before I start (religious and cultural urgency).
Can anyone point me to other relevant threads and/or share experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

emidesu said:
I'm 39 and have been accepted to med school after trying for several years- AND I just met the love of my life this summer. We are engaged and will get married before I start (religious and cultural urgency).
Can anyone point me to other relevant threads and/or share experiences?

Congratulations - this is your year. Check out the General Residency Issues, Allopathic, and "Spouses and Partners" forums on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
You may also want to check out www.medicalspouse.com for information for you and your future spouse. Congrats!

that's awesome, congrats! i got married while i was doing my post-bac work, and it was definitely a consideration when choosing where i wanted to apply and what type of programs i was interested in. in fact, loyola, where i'll be starting in the fall, apparently has a bbq just for students with significant others...kind of a social event for those wonderful people who have supported us and will never see us again for four years or so. :)

in all seriousness, though, their receptiveness to students with families played a part in my deciding that school was the best fit for me.

while i'm sure there will be added stresses for those of us that are married as med students, i tend to believe that the support we'll have in our relationships will definitely outweigh any of the traumas it may cause.

good luck to you!

Congratulations!!! On sdn we have the spouses and partners subforum. You might want to check it out.

Again, best wishes on your engagement and your acceptance! :)