Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Accepted and Engaged

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by emidesu, Nov 14, 2005.

1. emidesu

emidesu Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I'm 39 and have been accepted to med school after trying for several years- AND I just met the love of my life this summer. We are engaged and will get married before I start (religious and cultural urgency).
    Can anyone point me to other relevant threads and/or share experiences?

2. etudiante04

etudiante04 phenomenal
    7+ Year Member

Congratulations - this is your year. Check out the General Residency Issues, Allopathic, and "Spouses and Partners" forums on SDN.

3. MissLizzie

MissLizzie New Member

That's great! Congratulations!

4. CoffeeFreak

CoffeeFreak Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Good for you.

5. LDRO

LDRO New Member

You may also want to check out www.medicalspouse.com for information for you and your future spouse. Congrats!

6. jbrice1639

jbrice1639 Cub Fan, Bud Man
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    that's awesome, congrats! i got married while i was doing my post-bac work, and it was definitely a consideration when choosing where i wanted to apply and what type of programs i was interested in. in fact, loyola, where i'll be starting in the fall, apparently has a bbq just for students with significant others...kind of a social event for those wonderful people who have supported us and will never see us again for four years or so. :)

in all seriousness, though, their receptiveness to students with families played a part in my deciding that school was the best fit for me.

while i'm sure there will be added stresses for those of us that are married as med students, i tend to believe that the support we'll have in our relationships will definitely outweigh any of the traumas it may cause.

good luck to you!

7. N1DERL&

N1DERL& HP4!!!!
    7+ Year Member

Congratulations!!! On sdn we have the spouses and partners subforum. You might want to check it out.

Again, best wishes on your engagement and your acceptance! :)