Cornball714

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
Any you guys been accepted and feeling crazy senioritis :confused: , what do you guys know about schools and deffering acceptances b/c of grades (esp cali schools). i've been accepted but i cant help being soo lazy. Anyone else in the same boat??

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
i have to say enjoy college while you still can..

i really wish i did more of that. but anyways.

most dental schools won't complain if you won't get alot below a B...

so keep them at Bs and you will be okay i would say.

OP
C

Cornball714

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
what about C's? just tryin to anticipate the worst case scenario

Cornball714 said:
what about C's? just tryin to anticipate the worst case scenario
just get a 3.0 overall. You've made it this far, just keep it up.

niceteeth

Niceteeth
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Cornball714 said:
Any you guys been accepted and feeling crazy senioritis :confused: , what do you guys know about schools and deffering acceptances b/c of grades (esp cali schools). i've been accepted but i cant help being soo lazy. Anyone else in the same boat??
hey cornball, are you from oc? (714) i know what you mean about senioritis after acceptance. it's getting to the point where i can't even focus on my other interviews. i have one at ucla tomorrow morning and now i'm just barely starting my preparation. doh! i smell disaster and yet i'm so chill.

on the grade issue, i don't know how it is for the school(s) that you have gotten acceptance to, but at Upenn, anything below a "C" is unacceptable. so technically a C is ok. long live senioritis!!! :laugh: :laugh:

L

lunguv

Damn...and I thought I was the only one! I do need a little break though, thats for sure!

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Wait until you start dental school--it's like 4 straight years of senioritis.

mikhiel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
Seattle, WA
Status
Dentist
it's like a senioritis epidemic... haha. I cut back on my spring quarter classload (all humanities!), so I just have to make it through these next couple weeks, and then I'm set.

Tzips

Chocoholic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Peering around the corner...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
mikhiel said:
it's like a senioritis epidemic... haha. I cut back on my spring quarter classload (all humanities!), so I just have to make it through these next couple weeks, and then I'm set.
Did the same thing, and I'm still messing up... I had a music quiz today that was crazy easy, and I knew all the answers, but my brain seemed to misinterpret everything - like the question was, "what's the Italian word for as loud as possible?" and i read, "as fast as possible".... so I did really badly. I can't figure out if that's just senioritis or my brain's really going batty, just in time for d-school... party. I WANT OUT!! argh!

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
why is human nature so strange?? currently i am working at a research job and doing some off the wall projects for a professor at the dental school. yet i long for being in school. I miss the studying, miss the interaction with people my age and miss going out. Now if I was in school I would be wishing that I was done with school and that I was working or something.

Can we ever be happy?? Can we ever be satisfied??

"I just can't get any satisfaction" - rolling stones.

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
mikhiel said:
if this is an epidemic then i've got the bug. i am so freakin lazy this semester even after i specifically tell myself okay, youre going to study now. always end up going to movies, watching tv, drinking, going to the store, and/or going online instead. i just hope i can manage to keep B's this semester so they don't boot me from d school.

BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
Houston, Texas
Status
I was thinking of starting a thread like this...good to know I"m not alone. It's all I can do to get to class. And getting there ontime? Well that's just about out of the question. I used to be able to pull allnighters and allweekenders...puh-lease. This week ain't looking much better... Really gonna have to work on this...

After having to pull a whole weekend learning Gross Anatomy ... I've developed week-itis. My weekend just started today. It's not going to be a very productive week.

denty

dont eat yellow snow
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
good then im not the only one! i have done so many ohter things than studying.

Jaws

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Status
I need out of undergrad!!!

I haven't ever slept through so many classes. Given the choice between going to a Cell Biology class or watching an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.... well, it really isn't a hard choice.

I am beginning to worry that I might forget how to apply myself once I get to dental school... ;)

Cozby

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Status
I am in the same boat!!! I have a quick question...ignoring the grade factor. What about dropping a class. I took more classes than I needed to graduate, so I could drop some and still graduate as planned. Does it matter if you drop? Is it better or worse to have a "B" or a "W".

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
Jaws said:
I need out of undergrad!!!

I haven't ever slept through so many classes. Given the choice between going to a Cell Biology class or watching an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.... well, it really isn't a hard choice.

I am beginning to worry that I might forget how to apply myself once I get to dental school... ;)
Yes. I choose Cell Biology with Dr. White any day over DSN.

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
Cozby said:
I am in the same boat!!! I have a quick question...ignoring the grade factor. What about dropping a class. I took more classes than I needed to graduate, so I could drop some and still graduate as planned. Does it matter if you drop? Is it better or worse to have a "B" or a "W".
LOL. Now, that's whay I called senioritis.

By the way, when you match for specialities, will they see any of the undergrad grades? So if I "senioritis" my way to a 3.0 this semester, would it cause matching problems in the future, say if I want to be a pedodontist?

mikhiel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
Seattle, WA
Status
Dentist
geez... this thread isn't helping at all. I feel like I should be feeling guilty, but now I just keep telling myself "everyone else is doing it too!" hahaha

Cozby

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Status
Any suggestions on how to SNAP OUT OF IT????????????

I am trying to study right now, and yet I am posting to figure out what is better a "non-A" or a "W". How is that for determination :)

niceteeth

Niceteeth
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Cozby said:
Any suggestions on how to SNAP OUT OF IT????????????

I am trying to study right now, and yet I am posting to figure out what is better a "non-A" or a "W". How is that for determination :)
I would think a "non-A" is better than a "W" . I have plenty of B's in my record and the adcom didn't mind so much as a W. My interviewer actually asked why I got one W in my transcript. yikes. but luckily he was joking.

niceteeth

Niceteeth
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
... by the way, if your aiming for a B , you're still in good shape. i'm hoping to get by with a C (but hopefully if won't come to that) . :D

OP
C

Cornball714

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2004
Status
nice teeth i feel you on that, im trying to get by all my classes with C's, its just pitiful cause im taking joke-style classes with freshmans and sophmores and there railing me on the midterms. will the adcoms say anything if you get straight C's. ive been turning down acceptances from schools and i dont want to get deffered come july when transcripts are due

USUaggie

bringing ugly back
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
out fighting foo
Status
I highly doubt anyone will get booted for getting C's - I would imagine they don't want to make that much more work for themselves by filling ten more seats because of all of us on this thread!

I'm justifying my lack of effort by saying I'm giving back to the classes I'm in - it's like this: I worked my arsch off to gett A's, A-'s, and B+'s in Chem and biology. If I ever got below the class average on a test I was pissed. Now I'm consistantly just below the class average in Biochem and physics and thereby bringing it down and helping others feel good about beating the class average! A lot of my classmates are still trying to get into med/dent school so why should I make them look worse just for kicks? Does this logic work?

rocknightmare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2004
Status
Dental Student
sure it does.. i liked your type at my time in college heh:)

Tzips

Chocoholic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
USUaggie said:
I highly doubt anyone will get booted for getting C's - I would imagine they don't want to make that much more work for themselves by filling ten more seats because of all of us on this thread!

I'm justifying my lack of effort by saying I'm giving back to the classes I'm in - it's like this: I worked my arsch off to gett A's, A-'s, and B+'s in Chem and biology. If I ever got below the class average on a test I was pissed. Now I'm consistantly just below the class average in Biochem and physics and thereby bringing it down and helping others feel good about beating the class average! A lot of my classmates are still trying to get into med/dent school so why should I make them look worse just for kicks? Does this logic work?
It totally works - so when I get a D in tennis because I can't hit anything smaller than a battleship, I'm doing it to make everyone else look good... :laugh:

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
is anyone else from michigan and didn't go to class today because the snow is too deep and still coming down, and well, are too lazy to brave the snow to learn about cell biology? :oops:

Tzips

Chocoholic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm just sitting here in physics class, posting on SDN instead of learning about the fascinating interactions of electric and magnetic fields and the forces thereof... I think this senior's head is so inflammed that it cannot bear to absorb another bit of data. It's senioritis alright :thumbup:

RachMSU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
Milan, MI
Visit site
Status
Biogirl361 said:
is anyone else from michigan and didn't go to class today because the snow is too deep and still coming down, and well, are too lazy to brave the snow to learn about cell biology? :oops:
Haha, I should have just stayed home. But you know what really sucks? I have a class that ends at 4:00 then another one at 5:00. Well the 5:00 class got cancelled but I did not know that and went anyways, talk about wasting an hour! I could have went home to watch Dr. Phil :laugh:

wimmcs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
Status
Biogirl361 said:

That's why I absolutely LOVE living in Phoenix!!! We are about to see 80 degree weather this weekend!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

grinningrice

Clean your dentures!
10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Cleveland so does not rock....
Status
RachMSU said:
Haha, I should have just stayed home. But you know what really sucks? I have a class that ends at 4:00 then another one at 5:00. Well the 5:00 class got cancelled but I did not know that and went anyways, talk about wasting an hour! I could have went home to watch Dr. Phil :laugh:
Is that David Bowie as your avatar? :love:

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
This thread is horrible :oops: (kidding). Now I know im not the only one feeling senioritis... Seriously, my letter said, you have to keep same level of performance, doesnt that mean you have to have the same grades?

If your cum gpa drops a couple points... what will they do? will they let it slide?

(just wondering)

Jaws

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Status
Biogirl361 said:
Today it is nice, bright and warm in Albuquerque....so I think I'll miss class (I hear the roads are awful ;) :D )

Pikeyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
Status
"Die muthaf**kas, die muthaf**kas still fool
Die muthaf**kas, die muthaf**kas still"

"Take this job and shove it
I ain’t workin here no more
Take this job and shove it
Take this job and shove it
Take this job, take this job"

I'm not in the same hell hole as I was in Jan waiting for acceptances but still don't know why I get into this.

Maybe I just don't care anymore or have watched "Office Space" one too many times.

Aziatic

15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Status
yeah u might as well chill now...cause tufts will kick our ass later

TUFTS CLASS 2009

mikhiel said:

USUaggie

bringing ugly back
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
out fighting foo
Status
Bump! Spring break did not help! I'm feeling it now more than ever because I'm in the habit of staying out late and sleeping in and my first 3 classes of the day are worthless so the only one I go to is Biochem at 1:30! I gotta get outta here!

egpndoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
So Cal
Status
USUaggie said:
Bump! Spring break did not help! I'm feeling it now more than ever because I'm in the habit of staying out late and sleeping in and my first 3 classes of the day are worthless so the only one I go to is Biochem at 1:30! I gotta get outta here!
Sorry about the remedial question, but what does "BUMP" mean?

USUaggie

bringing ugly back
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
out fighting foo
Status
egpndoc said:
Sorry about the remedial question, but what does "BUMP" mean?
hey no prob, it took me a while to figure it out myself. if a thread goes a while with no responses it gets lost in the endless caverns of SDN and you can post on it to bring it back to the top and it gets more attention. This is a bump :thumbup:

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
"bring up my post" ... and yeah.. i am having a hard time kicking it back into gear after spring break... oh wait it never was in gear this semester... :rolleyes: