Accepted at LECOM-E Possible to switch to SH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymous1021

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

As the title says, I was recently accepted at LECOM's Erie campus. I am interested in the possibility to switch over to Seton Hill and before I contacted LECOM, I wanted to see if anyone has been in this situation or has done something similar. Any past/current/prospective student's info is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answer to this, but I would try posting in the school's specific forum, I have a strong feeling you'll get a quicker and more accurate response there.

Yes, you can. It has been done many many times in the past (switching from LECOM-E to LECOM-SH, or from LECOM-SH to LECOM-E, although in the latter direction its usually just to LDP since PBL tends to fill up fast). People have even transferred from LECOMs in PA to LECOM-B, but that seems to be less common.

Contact admissions at LECOM-E and tell them you want to change your pathway preference to LECOM-SH. If there are still spots (at this time there should be), then it should be done right away, and if there aren't, you can ask to be placed on a waitlist for LECOM-SH, while not risking your LECOM-E spot (i.e. if a SH spot opens up, you'll get that, but if not, you'll retain your spot at LECOM-E).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I got accepted to PBL LECOM E and asked admissions if I can switch to Seton Hill, and they said it's an easy switch. I havent made the switch yet, but I'm just wondering what the difference between PBL in Erie and in Seton Hill is. Is there any advantage to one school over the other?

I was accepted to Seton Hill PBL and I am thinking I might prefer Erie PBL. So it seems we can switch with each other! Shoot my a PM as I already talked to the school about this.

I was accepted to Seton Hill PBL and I am thinking I might prefer Erie PBL. So it seems we can switch with each other! Shoot my a PM as I already talked to the school about this.
Any ties to the state?

First I have ever seen a Canadian being accepted at Lecom!! Congrats! Please check out Canadian Osteopathic Medicine Students Association(COMSA) page on Facebook to connect with other Canadians applying to DO schools.

Any ties to the state?

First I have ever seen a Canadian being accepted at Lecom!! Congrats! Please check out Canadian Osteopathic Medicine Students Association(COMSA) page on Facebook to connect with other Canadians applying to DO schools.
No ties to the state. I'm a PA and got into the APAP pathway. I have absolutely no clue how in the world I am going to pay for this and am scared.....

No ties to the state. I'm a PA and got into the APAP pathway. I have absolutely no clue how in the world I am going to pay for this and am scared.....
Oh the APAP program! That is awesome, yes so that makes much more sense how you got into LECOM, since you're a PA already.

Bank loan and you are set.

Oh the APAP program! That is awesome, yes so that makes much more sense how you got into LECOM, since you're a PA already.

Bank loan and you are set.

Yah well I still owe money from PA school and I don't have anyone to cosign. So bank loan not so easy.

Hi! I got accepted to PBL LECOM E and asked admissions if I can switch to Seton Hill, and they said it's an easy switch. I havent made the switch yet, but I'm just wondering what the difference between PBL in Erie and in Seton Hill is. Is there any advantage to one school over the other?

Its really more of a personal preference thing. Obviously there are slight differences (it is a whole other set of professors), but from what I understand, they're not that different. Weather (less snow) and rules are big pros for SH (rules like dress code and no eating are only enforceable in the LECOM-specific areas - not in the whole campus), facilities (close proximity to the Erie campus) and the Wellness Center (crazy nice and relatively new) are big pros for Erie.

Anyways, it really depends on what you prefer.

So academically it is the same? Are students generally happier in seton hill or erie?
And do students ever have to travel to erie for anything?
I heard that some classes have no professors and are video lectures from erie... Is this true?

im a apap at lecom-sh. pm if u have questions

So academically it is the same? Are students generally happier in seton hill or erie?
And do students ever have to travel to erie for anything?
I heard that some classes have no professors and are video lectures from erie... Is this true?

Again, its really more about what you personally like, so it'll be different person-to-person. I don't think you have to travel to Erie for anything, unless maybe you have clinical rotations there, but you'll be traveling for those regardless. I don't think classes are video lectured either. You might have one or two lectures here or there that are videocast, but to begin with PBL has barely any lectures and there's a whole separate faculty at each campus. Some lecturers make the drive to Greensburg from Erie for certain workshops though. I do know that things have substantially changed at SH since the first class or two (as always happens with new schools).