Accepted At Msu!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartandoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I JUST GOT INTO MSU.....i'm so excited. I interviewed their in early feb. and was told by people on here that i would only be waitlisted at BEST! Just got in and i'm excited..its my first choice and i will defnitley be going their. Good luck to all others who are hoping to get into MSU.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats spartan doc

I was wondering would you mind posting your stats?? I hope I get pulled off of the waitlist!!

congratulations:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.1 accum from UIC and had 7 6 9 on the MCAT.. (The damn verbal section got me..) but i have some volunteer work (about a year at Loyola Med) and i was on the Student Government (seceratry). i think part of me getting in was the quality of my undergraduate school... UIC is looked on favorably by the ADCOMS at most out of state med schols. GOOD LUCK ALL

SPARTANDOC,

Hey...I am currently attending UIC right now....Unversity of Illinois at Chicago....correct? I'm glad you got into MSU....That was my number 1 choice and am very dissapointed I did not get into MSU. Wow....no offense.... but you got in with sub-par stats...that's awesome...

I was wondering why you think out of state adcoms look favorably upon UIC? I really can't stand UIC and i think the education is ****....try to find a physics teacher that speaks english....

Thanks buddy

I was just wondering spartan doc, you by chance are not a URM. Not that this is a bad thing, but I am just wondering as to my status and my situation.............Thank you so much, and congrats on your acceptance, that is awesome!!!!!:clap:

wow, congratulations!!! I'm an out of state applicant, so hopefully I'll get some love from them too...I'm also a little weak on the verbal MCAT....congrats again! :clap: :clap: :clap:

congratulations!!!! you will love it here in michigan. :clap: :clap:

Wow. I think it is great you got in at MSU. I applied there both MD and DO this year and last year...I just got my fourth official rejection letter from them...did you know that only two lines of writing and a letterhead make their MD/DO rejection letters different?

I am happy for you though:clap: :clap:

Sorry about being slightly sour but being a MI resident I was hoping to be accepted there...oh well.

Hey good luck everyone with the application process. I posted this to show you that its possible to get in even with lower mcat Numbers. I am not an Under represnted Minority just your average white male... but i love medicine and have worked extremely hard in my undergrad to get where i am at. Good luck to everyone applying hopefully all of you can get into MSU as well.

I think students overemphasis stats far too much and often in applying to osteopathic programs.
Spartandoc, congratulations on your acceptance. The fact that you're out-of-state...speaks volumes for your personality/interviewing skills. Good work.

Congrats Spartandoc, and hudsontc, that is the best quote I have ever read, and I love CS Lewis. Have you ever read anything by Joel Goldsmith? He was a friend of Lewis

Congrats Spartandoc!! MSU was on my list both MD and DO and my stats were even higher but I was rejected so you must have something special that they liked!!

I've read bits and pieces of his writings but not nearly as much as I have of lewis. In terms of apologetical writing, C.S. Lewis is probably one of my favorites because he's highly logical in his reasoning and gives such potent analogies.
Read "Beyond Personality." You might have a hard time finding it because publishers like to make it a sublet of "Mere Christianity"....both of which are outstanding works.