You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Accepted at UNE, physical therapy! Anyone?
Started by Windy city
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm interview there in a couple weeks! Any advice?
I'm in, too. I interviewed in December. Is that when you interviewed Windy City? I'm way excited to be in! The interview wasn't bad. I prepared just like I did with any other program. They didn't try to trick me or anything. They want to make sure that you want to go into PT and that you will like UNE.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to you all 🙂! Yes, I will be attending in the fall too! I also had my interview in December - it was such a relaxed interview and the prof that interviewed me was awesome -- all he wanted to know was why UNE and we pretty much talked about sports the entire time! By the way I am from MN - where are you all from??
I got accepted but declined, hopefully that opens up a spot for someone else applying.
In terms of tips for the interview, just be yourself and relax as much as possible. They set up a buffet for the interviewees, but I felt like I was the only one in the room eating LOL. They really just want to make sure you like the program and the area.
In terms of tips for the interview, just be yourself and relax as much as possible. They set up a buffet for the interviewees, but I felt like I was the only one in the room eating LOL. They really just want to make sure you like the program and the area.
Hi everyone! Thank you for writing on this thread.Congratulations for the ones that got in, and good luck for the ones that will be interviewing. I am glad to see that we are from all over the place, its going to be an interesting group.
i am from Chicago.
few questions for all of you. when do you plan to arrive in Portland? have you start looking for accommodations?
hope to hear from you soon
i am from Chicago.
few questions for all of you. when do you plan to arrive in Portland? have you start looking for accommodations?
hope to hear from you soon
Hi everyone! Thank you for writing on this thread.Congratulations for the ones that got in, and good luck for the ones that will be interviewing. I am glad to see that we are from all over the place, its going to be an interesting group.
i am from Chicago.
few questions for all of you. when do you plan to arrive in Portland? have you start looking for accommodations?
hope to hear from you soon
Windy City, I am also from Chicago. I am arriving in Portland the day before the interview, and I have long ago made my travel arrangements. Well, "long ago" as in a few weeks ago.
I'm staying through the weekend, determined to have a good time even if the interview doesn't pan out.
I'm flying up from Dallas to interview that March weekend. Looking forward to my first trip to the New England area. I am coming up on Thursday and head back on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Good luck to all of you that are scheduled for the interview !
Now, for the ones already accepted. Few questions: have you had a chance to look for rent? Or any of you has any idea whereis a good area? From my understanding , Portland is safe city . Are you planning to be there in July or beginning of August? I know is quite of while till then but I believe that will be good to exchange some ideas.
Now, for the ones already accepted. Few questions: have you had a chance to look for rent? Or any of you has any idea whereis a good area? From my understanding , Portland is safe city . Are you planning to be there in July or beginning of August? I know is quite of while till then but I believe that will be good to exchange some ideas.
We'll be moving out there sometime in August. I have looked around a little bit. I think it it would be fun to live close to downtown, but a little closer to the school might be good, too. I will be checking housing out once summer comes to see what is available.
Yes, I agree downtown could be fun, also not that far from Portland UNE campus. I checked the UNE website and there are some listings for housing, and there are more to come from what I understood. I planning to arrive in Portland at the end of July. Also, are you looking to rent alone or are you looking for roommates ?
Yea I am looking at moving sometime in the beginning of August - but hope to find a place in June or July. From what other students said they visited Portland in the summer to find housing and sign a lease - someone did say they signed a lease without seeing the place- kind of scary! But I have checked craigslist (eek) just to get an idea of cost and locations but they have apartments that post on there as well. It sounds like more things will open up closer to summertime - I wonder if the school will give us a list of our classmates or something if we are wanting to find a roommate. I did see the school has its own roommate search on its website but you need your email and student ID. Well hopefully we all can get some great advice from each other before the big move!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe there will be more posts about housing at the beginning of the summer. Also, the dpt department mention that they will send us some info about hosing( not sure if there will be a list) .
That is a good question, about the school sending a list with the accepted students maybe they will as soon as the class is full. I checked Craigslist and some places look really good, especially 2-3 bdrm. Si I may be open to have a roommate .
Congratulations, dpt16!!! In that case, will see you in the fall. My interview was on feb 3.I'll be there in the fall! I'm from MA. I was at the January 13th interview--anyone else here attend that one too?
Thank you 🙂 congrats to you as well! I'm psyched to move to Portland and get this whole thing startedCongratulations, dpt16!!! In that case, will see you in the fall. My interview was on feb 3.
I completely understand what you are saying!! When are you planning to be there?Thank you 🙂 congrats to you as well! I'm psyched to move to Portland and get this whole thing started
Hey everyone, I know this is about housing and acceptance but how long did it take UNE to answer you with acceptance/denial/wait list?
Was anyone wait listed?
DPT15'
Was anyone wait listed?
DPT15'
I had my acceptance letter like less than a week later since the interview was on a friday it was that following week...I know they sent me an email saying students would know there status within 2 weeks of the interview
Ok great! Thanks! I had my interview this past Friday!
I also have an interview.. this friday! For those who have already interviewed and been on campus, what did you like and not like about what UNE had to offer? Hopefully it all goes well this week, it's my first interview so I'm not sure what to expect! Is anyone else interviewing this Friday?
I also have an interview.. this friday! For those who have already interviewed and been on campus, what did you like and not like about what UNE had to offer? Hopefully it all goes well this week, it's my first interview so I'm not sure what to expect! Is anyone else interviewing this Friday?
The interview is laid back. However that depends on who you get for your interviewer. I have had several interviews and currently work somewhere I had a major interview for. By this time you would think I am great at interviews. My interviewer at UNE had no interest in getting to know me. The head of the department gave a long speal about how the interviews are unbiased, laid back, and a professor wanting to get to know you and see if your fit for UNE. So be prepared to incorporate whatever you can about youself no matter what kind of questions they ask.
My questions were mainly pt oriented. However, they were worded so poorly I had to reword and ask my interviewer again what they were asking. Most of the questions I had to clearify on and the interviewer seemed as though they didn't even know what they asked.
However, all this will be based on your interviewer. Now to the good stuff 🙂. Don't worry it is a laid back day. You will get there -- meet everyone else who is interviewing/sitting near you, eat some, there will be speaches by people (head of department etc.), they will quickly introduce faculty, and current student will be around to talk with you. You will have a scheduled interview and a scheduled tour. The time in between will be used to write a small essay and to mingle with current students and other potential students. For your inteview it's only 20 minutes. You will know who you have beforehand so I suggest remembering faces and names when they introduce faculty.
Good luck. I really wish my interview went differently but you can't control the dumb or good questions they ask you. Know why you chose this profession and issues in pt today and especially why you want to go to UNE! 😉

Sorry mine is just about the interview. What I liked was the graduate professions having their own campus (having its own library etc. and no undergrads) and it's not far from downtown about a 5-8 minute drive.
Good luck Friday 🙂
Good luck Friday 🙂
Hello all! For those accepted and looking for housing, I secured a four bedroom apartment. The apartment complex is designated for Portland area students, close to campus and located in the downtown area.
Feel free to message me if you're interested and check out the link below for more details.
http://www.showmetherent.rentlinx.com/Property.aspx?PropertyID=81391
Look forward to meeting everyone!
Feel free to message me if you're interested and check out the link below for more details.
http://www.showmetherent.rentlinx.com/Property.aspx?PropertyID=81391
Look forward to meeting everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone.
Got a quick question: did any of you received any instructions regarding the college transcripts and the medical exam(vaccinations?)? i recall that the acceptance letter mentioned something.
great idea with the facebook page, i will be there soon!!!!
Got a quick question: did any of you received any instructions regarding the college transcripts and the medical exam(vaccinations?)? i recall that the acceptance letter mentioned something.
great idea with the facebook page, i will be there soon!!!!
I've been waiting for the updated instructions to be sent to me before I send in transcripts and that kind of stuff, which I hope will be here soon. I would like to get an idea of how this is all going to work leading up to the start of school.
Thank you for your response. You put my mind at ease. So , at this point we have to wait for UNE to sent us instructions.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
G
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
G
G
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
G