Accepted, but still have interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturisticDentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into Houston Dental School this morning, but still have 3 dental school interviews in December and January.

Is it recommended to still attend the interviews? Or what would y'all do.

Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted into Houston Dental School this morning, but still have 3 dental school interviews in December and January.

Thanks for any advice.

Do you prefer the other schools to Houston?

Are you OOS?

Do you prefer the other schools to Houston?

Are you OOS?

I'm a Texas resident, and Houston is where my family lives, so it was always my #1. I just haven't seen what the other schools have to offer yet.

Would they still consider me since I've already been accepted into Houston?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Texas resident, and Houston is where my family lives, so it was always my #1. I just haven't seen what the other schools have to offer yet.

Would they still consider me since I've already been accepted into Houston?

They would still consider you, first of all they don't even know you've been accepted to Houston unless you tell them.

If the schools are in Texas, they can see where you've been advertised starting in April I believe, so even then you're still good.

Personally though, if Houston's your number one, I'd take the acceptance and call it a cycle!

Reactions: 4 users
They would still consider you, first of all they don't even know you've been accepted to Houston unless you tell them.

If the schools are in Texas, they can see where you've been advertised starting in April I believe, so even then you're still good.

Personally though, if Houston's your number one, I'd take the acceptance and call it a cycle!
This.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree, sounds like Houston is your dental school! Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks for any advice.

dont waste your time or money

If you already booked the flights, try to return it and spend the money on a trip to Hawaii. You're gonna need all the vacay time you can get.

If you intend to live near your family, and you got your first choice. It's kind of strange to want and see what the others have to offer.
You might see what they have to offer, want it badly and then and then get rejected after that you won't feel satisfied with your first choice anymore.
But on the other hand, if you don't see at least the best one of all three has to offer you might live on the feeling of what if.
So, it's up to you.
I would say, choose the best of all these 3, and go to one of these interviews.
If you get accepted to that school, then the real confusing will begin!
Best of luck!

I agree with everyone else. Save the time/money. On top of that, think about the cheap TX school tuition compared to the other schools?