Accepted by accident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
maybe there actually are two Julie Van's in the class :D

maybe there actually are two Julie Van's in the class :D

Seems like both are plausible haha. My vote goes for the two Julie Vans though :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure there's two people with the same name in the class. The dental school wouldn't be stupid enough to just use first and last name as identification. They probably go off your social security number, AADSAS ID, and other information to verify they're accepting the correct person.

Pretty sure there's two people with the same name in the class. The dental school wouldn't be stupid enough to just use first and last name as identification. They probably go off your social security number, AADSAS ID, and other information to verify they're accepting the correct person.

you would think..but UDM has a reputation for poor logistical operations. They claimed to had lost my friend's application in Jan for last cycle, and he then got a call in May asking if he was still interested in the school. That's the 4th logistical conflict I've heard about UDM.

This actually happened to a friend of mine who has a very common name. The school was so embarrassed about it that they just let him in. He would never have gotten in otherwise. Talk about lucky!

dang the girls at UMD are cute...

This actually happened to a friend of mine who has a very common name. The school was so embarrassed about it that they just let him in. He would never have gotten in otherwise. Talk about lucky!

How does your friend know this happened to him?

I doubt the school would admit they even accepted anyone by accident/mistake.

Unless their scores were so bad compared to the average and doesn't have anything special, like alumni connection, URM, etc. then you have something. If they were relatively in range then its nothing more than underselling themselves.

Schools have sent out wrong acceptances before. some college in NY did it recently. Granted most were undergrads and most times they just blame it was a computer glitch, but happens and the schools all say nope sorry.

Line, hook and sinker.

How does your friend know this happened to him?

I doubt the school would admit they even accepted anyone by accident/mistake.

Unless their scores were so bad compared to the average and doesn't have anything special, like alumni connection, URM, etc. then you have something. If they were relatively in range then its nothing more than underselling themselves.

Schools have sent out wrong acceptances before. some college in NY did it recently. Granted most were undergrads and most times they just blame it was a computer glitch, but happens and the schools all say nope sorry.

Agreed, and even if they did, I don't think they would hesitate to say "oops, never mind".

Vassar College sent out 60(?) acceptances by accident and took them back. Maybe if it was a bigger university, they may not have cared as much. But since it's a small school, 60 people is a lot for them.