natroncb

KellyMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Cleveland
Status
Dental Student
I was just in my micro class and overheard a fellow student claiming to have been emailed by Indiana stating his "interview went perfect and they found no problems." From my understanding he did not email them, and does not know anyone there... someone at Indiana sent this to him after the interview.

Anyone else seen the same thing?

joebucks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Ohio
Status
natroncb said:
I was just in my micro class and overheard a fellow student claiming to have been emailed by Indiana stating his "interview went perfect and they found no problems." From my understanding he did not email them, and does not know anyone there... someone at Indiana sent this to him after the interview.

Come on, everyone knows that is an urban legend. They've been telling that one for centuries. Did you hear the one about flashing your high beams at someone who doesn't have their lights on @ night? That's a great one.

Seriously, I would not put it bye schools to "uninformally" hint that you are a "good candidate" I have herd similar stories.

phremius

Dentist
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2005
www.farfignugen.com
Status
natroncb said:

it can happen, at one of my interviews last year(NYU) I was told by my interviewer at the end that I was getting in and to wait for an acceptance letter. month later, it came.

VegasBabyVegas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Utah
Status
Pre-Dental
natroncb said:

Not the same thing...but once, my friend's cousin's ex-girlfriend's roomate's banker's secretary's son bought a Ouji Board at the airport on his way home from an interview and he asked it if he would get in and the board told him he would...man, I get creeped out everytime I hear it.

Anyone else?

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
IWuvTeef said:
at IUSD it's a good sign, but nothing set in stone. it's better than not hearing from them.
I'd ditto that. So what if the email says the interview went well. The title of this thread includes "acceptance," but that email says nothing about acceptance.

Maybe it's a good sign. I suppose it's good when it could have been an email saying they were denied admission, but it's not an admission.

And above all, it's probably a little stretch of the truth or a completely blatant lie.

ASU-devil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Dr. Kasberg came right out at the beginning of the day and said that it was unethical for dental schools to offer admissions before the first so I doubt it. He recommeded that the school that offered the admission to be sent to ADEA for punishment.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
natroncb said:

In my best gollum voice " You Lie"

OP
natroncb

natroncb

KellyMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Cleveland
Status
Dental Student
hockeydentist said:
In my best gollum voice " You Lie"
I am not saying I GOT the email. I heard it from the horses mouth... he said he got an email from Indiana saying his interview was perfect, etc.

It may not be an acceptance letter but it sure seems un-ethical.

The reason I posted it on here was because it seemed like a load of crap. But this guy seems to be honest about what the email said.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
i was not refering to you natron, just the guy that told you the Bull $hit about getting an email. He probably initiated the email, and recieved an email back after the initial contact.

Dr. K specifically said that they would not contact any one untill dec 1st.

HD

I think i interviewed the same time as ASU-devil, so I can back what says.

sunphish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2005
Hometown: Rochester, New York. Current location: G
Status
Pre-Dental
VegasBabyVegas said:
Not the same thing...but once, my friend's cousin's ex-girlfriend's roomate's banker's secretary's son bought a Ouji Board at the airport on his way home from an interview and he asked it if he would get in and the board told him he would...man, I get creeped out everytime I hear it.

Anyone else?
VBV, this might be the funniest thing I have ever heard! I actually was laughing hysterically when I read it. Can we go to the same school so that you can sit next to me in class and make me laugh all the time?!

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
hockeydentist said:
i was not refering to you natron, just the guy that told you the Bull $hit about getting an email. He probably initiated the email, and recieved an email back after the initial contact.

Dr. K specifically said that they would not contact any one untill dec 1st.

HD

I think i interviewed the same time as ASU-devil, so I can back what says.

I want to agree with HD since we interviewed on the same day. If the student initiates contact, Dr. Kasberg provides some feedback on the interview. but unless one is holding an official letter in their hand, nothing is guaranteed.

ramona_k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Certainly good news for your friend..but does not guarantee anything. I know people that got really good feedback from Indiana ADCOMS after their interviews. but again, this does not mean your accepted; It means that you’re going to be well represented in the admission committee meeting that’s going to vote on your application.

mccarth2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2004
Tampa, FL
Status
ASU-devil said:
Dr. Kasberg came right out at the beginning of the day and said that it was unethical for dental schools to offer admissions before the first so I doubt it. He recommeded that the school that offered the admission to be sent to ADEA for punishment.

This might be a silly question, but what's the point of the Dec. 1st notification anyway?

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
ramona_k said:
Certainly good news for your friend..but does not guarantee anything. I know people that got really good feedback from Indiana ADCOMS after their interviews. but again, this does not mean your accepted; It means that you’re going to be well represented in the admission committee meeting that’s going to vote on your application.

ding, ding and we have a winner.

Mustt Mustt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Great Lakes State
Status
When I interviewd Dr. KB talked to me personally for about 15 mins(like he does with everyone) and he told to call them on dec 1. and they will strictly not tell anyone untill dec. 1 period. so don't contact them regarding the decision.

VegasBabyVegas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Utah
Status
Pre-Dental
sunphish said:
VBV, this might be the funniest thing I have ever heard! I actually was laughing hysterically when I read it. Can we go to the same school so that you can sit next to me in class and make me laugh all the time?!
I'm sitting by you as we speak...quit laughing, it's disturbing...

cl24uw06

cl24uw06
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2005
Redmond
washington.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
One of my friends got the same e-mail that the OP is referring to. I read it with my own eyes and yes it did say "the interview went perfect; there is nothing lacking in your application; and look forward to hearing from us dec 1st."

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
the e-mails do exist. several people in my current class got one during last year's application cycle. i didn't get one, and i still made it. i don't know how much weight they carry.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
IWuvTeef said:
the e-mails do exist. several people in my current class got one during last year's application cycle. i didn't get one, and i still made it. i don't know how much weight they carry.

Can we hold off on the pre acceptance propganda untill december 1st. For the time being lets just all hold our breath and wait till d-day!

OP
natroncb

natroncb

KellyMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Cleveland
Status
Dental Student
I am sorry, I just think it is a load of crap that Indiana says it is unethical to break the Dec. 1 rule and then sends emails like this. Who cares if it doesnt mean for sure you are accepted... it gives the applicant the wrong idea and there is no reason for it. And if this is all just made up then I am a sucker. I am just sick of waiting to find out if or where I am going. End of story.

IWuvTeef

Dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Status
Dentist
hockeydentist said:
Can we hold off on the pre acceptance propganda untill december 1st. For the time being lets just all hold our breath and wait till d-day!
i don't recall writing propaganda...

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status
Attending Physician, Dentist
natroncb said:
I am sorry, I just think it is a load of crap that Indiana says it is unethical to break the Dec. 1 rule and then sends emails like this. Who cares if it doesnt mean for sure you are accepted... it gives the applicant the wrong idea and there is no reason for it. And if this is all just made up then I am a sucker. I am just sick of waiting to find out if or where I am going. End of story.
Y'all are overthinking this in a big way. If Dr. Kasberg sent you a message saying your interview went well and he didn't notice any problems, I'd interpret it to mean "your interview went well and he didn't notice any problems." All the speculating about "informal acceptance" and "if I didn't get one, am I screwed" and "if I got one, does that mean I'm guaranteed" is baseless & useless.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
aphistis said:
Y'all are overthinking this in a big way. If Dr. Kasberg sent you a message saying your interview went well and he didn't notice any problems, I'd interpret it to mean "your interview went well and he didn't notice any problems." All the speculating about "informal acceptance" and "if I didn't get one, am I screwed" and "if I got one, does that mean I'm guaranteed" is baseless & useless.

Now that the obvious has been overly stated for some confused members, it is a good time now to put this thread to rest.

larrybirdfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
The initiator of this thread isn't a lier. I personally recieved one of these emails saying they what he claimed. It also says they found no weaknesses in my application, however, I'm sure there are many.

QUOTE=natroncb]I was just in my micro class and overheard a fellow student claiming to have been emailed by Indiana stating his "interview went perfect and they found no problems." From my understanding he did not email them, and does not know anyone there... someone at Indiana sent this to him after the interview.

Anyone else seen the same thing?[/QUOTE]