Accepted LIU DPT Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSPDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone attending?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got accepted (with scholarship) and the deposit is down. Most likely going unless I'm accepted to another school from their waitlist, then I'll have to make decisions from there. I'm guessing you're going?

Just curious, what's your plans as far as living situation? I'm from Long Island and I think the graduate dorms will be a little pricey. I might want to look into an apartment with other DPT students.

@ChazRienhold Yeah, I got accepted and I'm planning on going. Waiting to hear about the scholarship.

I plan on commuting, I live in Queens, so the commute isn't bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@DSPDPT or whoever else.. just wondering, what was your impression from the school? I missed out on the opening/orientation part of the interview day so I didn't get their "pitch". Also I was curious if you were able to see any labs? The only rooms I was in were the meeting room (for the interview) and one classroom with students for a Q&A (which seemed kind-of bland and they said they are mostly there).

I got accepted to another school and I'm trying to gather information that might help me make a decision.

@ChazRienhold The school overall is nice. The athletic center looks good as well. During the tour we went to the floor where the PT students have their classes, so its pretty convenient to stay in the same area. They didn't get to bring us to the cadaver lab, but from the orientation pitch, the PT program has dedicated cadavers, with no sharing with other programs. I've already to decided to go, since this was my number one.

I'm going! I'm excited to meet everyone and get started. Has anyone else had trouble getting hold of a loan counselor? And is anyone staying on campus for the 6 weeks we are there in the summer?

I'm going! I'm excited to meet everyone and get started. Has anyone else had trouble getting hold of a loan counselor? And is anyone staying on campus for the 6 weeks we are there in the summer?
I'm still waiting to get my financial aid letter from the school. The loans show up on my account online, but haven't gotten anything in the mail.

Hey! I am attending as well...I am currently trying to figure out housing and financial aide-- I am thinking of starting a Facebook group to look for roommates/meet people seeing that a group hasn't been created yet? I am from California and have only been to NY once (for my interview) so I am quite lost! @panks @leh1024 @DSPDPT

Ok so I went to create the group but it won't let me do so until I have at least one person to invite...if anyone attending is interested, send me your Facebook info and I will try to put something together xx

Hey, I just had my loans adjusted at school, I called them and they set me up with an appointment. Just call their financial aid office and they should be able to help you out

Hey, I just had my loans adjusted at school, I called them and they set me up with an appointment. Just call their financial aid office and they should be able to help you out
Thanks for the info. What number did you call that you were able to speak to someone? Every time I call the financial services office I just get a recording telling me to push different numbers but it never leads to an actual person.

Thanks for the info. What number did you call that you were able to speak to someone? Every time I call the financial services office I just get a recording telling me to push different numbers but it never leads to an actual person.
718-488-1037. Once the message starts playing, hit the pound key #, it will connect you right to someone.

I'm starting in July for LIU DPT 17' with everyone... Is anyone else looking to move in somewhere this summer in Brooklyn? I have been looking and have found some reasonable places within 20 min subway of school... Let me know if anyone is interested

@daisy20 I'm also moving up from California! Im down to start a facebook page and start networking for possible roommates, since the dpt dept hasn't been very informative as far as living situations that aren't graduate housing.