You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Accepted LIU DPT Class of 2017
Started by DSPDPT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got accepted (with scholarship) and the deposit is down. Most likely going unless I'm accepted to another school from their waitlist, then I'll have to make decisions from there. I'm guessing you're going?
Just curious, what's your plans as far as living situation? I'm from Long Island and I think the graduate dorms will be a little pricey. I might want to look into an apartment with other DPT students.
Just curious, what's your plans as far as living situation? I'm from Long Island and I think the graduate dorms will be a little pricey. I might want to look into an apartment with other DPT students.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@DSPDPT or whoever else.. just wondering, what was your impression from the school? I missed out on the opening/orientation part of the interview day so I didn't get their "pitch". Also I was curious if you were able to see any labs? The only rooms I was in were the meeting room (for the interview) and one classroom with students for a Q&A (which seemed kind-of bland and they said they are mostly there).
I got accepted to another school and I'm trying to gather information that might help me make a decision.
I got accepted to another school and I'm trying to gather information that might help me make a decision.
@ChazRienhold The school overall is nice. The athletic center looks good as well. During the tour we went to the floor where the PT students have their classes, so its pretty convenient to stay in the same area. They didn't get to bring us to the cadaver lab, but from the orientation pitch, the PT program has dedicated cadavers, with no sharing with other programs. I've already to decided to go, since this was my number one.
D
deleted572700
I'll be attending!
Is there a facebook group yet?
Is there a facebook group yet?
So this fall I will be attending Franklin Pierce (NH). Thank you @DSPDPT for some input. Hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else to go. Goodluck!
Not sure, don't think I've seen oneI'll be attending!
Is there a facebook group yet?
I'm still waiting to get my financial aid letter from the school. The loans show up on my account online, but haven't gotten anything in the mail.I'm going! I'm excited to meet everyone and get started. Has anyone else had trouble getting hold of a loan counselor? And is anyone staying on campus for the 6 weeks we are there in the summer?
Hey! I am attending as well...I am currently trying to figure out housing and financial aide-- I am thinking of starting a Facebook group to look for roommates/meet people seeing that a group hasn't been created yet? I am from California and have only been to NY once (for my interview) so I am quite lost! @panks @leh1024 @DSPDPT
Guys, they already have a FB page. Here is the link🙂: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LLUDPT2017
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I just had my loans adjusted at school, I called them and they set me up with an appointment. Just call their financial aid office and they should be able to help you outI'm going! I'm excited to meet everyone and get started. Has anyone else had trouble getting hold of a loan counselor? And is anyone staying on campus for the 6 weeks we are there in the summer?
Thanks for the info. What number did you call that you were able to speak to someone? Every time I call the financial services office I just get a recording telling me to push different numbers but it never leads to an actual person.Hey, I just had my loans adjusted at school, I called them and they set me up with an appointment. Just call their financial aid office and they should be able to help you out
718-488-1037. Once the message starts playing, hit the pound key #, it will connect you right to someone.Thanks for the info. What number did you call that you were able to speak to someone? Every time I call the financial services office I just get a recording telling me to push different numbers but it never leads to an actual person.