Accepted off Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeabuddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious...Has anyone been placed on a waitlist/alternate list and then been offered acceptance this application cycle? If so which school?

Members don't see this ad.

UCSF and Harvard. Thats all i know. I'm pretty sure there are more since its
April already...but i wouldn't expect much from popular schools like NYU, Temple. Oh and Creighton...their waitlist policy is weird.

i'm anxiously waiting.... MCG and Louisville.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maryland & UF have already made offers to waitlistees.

jb!:)

I was accepted to Buffalo today off the waitlist.

I interviewed back in Feb. got waitlisted 1-2 weeks later.

my waitlist letter from maryland said that their waitlist is unranked. does that means its purely a first come, first serve basis? regardless of stats?

my waitlist letter from maryland said that their waitlist is unranked. does that means its purely a first come, first serve basis? regardless of stats?

Generally what happens with unranked waitlists, is that once there are seats available, the admissions committee will go through the waitlist applications and choose then who gets the seat. So they re-review the applications. Whereas with the ranked waitlists they just start taking 1, 2, 3, etc.
At least, this is what I've been told...

i talked to dr. meehan last week and this is what she had to say. she said although the list is unranked, the committee has a few people that are "on their radar" if/when spots open. so, although its unranked, the committee already knows who it has in mind and they will debate who gets the spot as seats become available.

its "first come, first serve" in a sense that as soon as the seat becomes available, they will offer it to someone on the waitlist immediately..NOT that they will offer it to the first person that responded to the waitlist letter or the first person that interviewed. the spot will be based on the strength of applicant.

best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, jb!:)

It looks like this year early May will be a waive of waitlist acceptances, if AADSAS goes through with sharing acceptance lists between schools.

I'm waitlisted at UCLA, but have no idea how its ranking system works. I hope i get in, iI love that t's so much cheaper than the private schools. And of course, it's a great school.

sorry bout all those typos, it's 12 something am and i'm really sleepyyyyyy, but i can't sleep. weird.

I am waiting for michigan. I am not too optimistic but I just keep thinking maybe if maybe.......;)

I am waiting on 4 schools. I really do not want to lay out another $2500 (when you count secondaries, travel expenses) to go through this again next year but that is what looks like will happen. My app was completed at the end of September so I figure if it doesnt happen this year, I should get in for 2008.

Lesson: Apply EARLY!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting on 4 schools. I really do not want to lay out another $2500 (when you count secondaries, travel expenses) to go through this again next year but that is what looks like will happen. My app was completed at the end of September so I figure if it doesnt happen this year, I should get in for 2008.

Lesson: Apply EARLY!

Yeah, that helps too, but, I think the lesson is more like have atleast a 20+ AA just to catch their eye, it seems that's more important than all the other stuff, regardless of how strong your application is. I'm sure there's exceptions, but that's what I guess it takes to get more "lovin'" around here!

I am waiting for michigan. I am not too optimistic but I just keep thinking maybe if maybe.......;)

i'll be dropping my spot at michigan. i just got off the waitlist at my first choice.

Hi Nephron 5,

I know who you are. :laugh:

apply early. that's the most important lesson that I learned this yr too.

Just got into Columbia off the wait list... I was giving admissions a call/email once every 2 weeks... Squeaky wheel gets the oil!! :D

AdidasPete

RC:23
Orgo: 29
Bio: 22
GC: 23
TS: 23
QR: 19
AA: 23
PAT: 20

Just got into Columbia off the wait list... I was giving admissions a call/email once every 2 weeks... Squeaky wheel gets the oil!! :D

AdidasPete

RC:23
Orgo: 29
Bio: 22
GC: 23
TS: 23
QR: 19
AA: 23
PAT: 20

Hey congrats! Columbia is the best!! You'll have so much fun when you get here:)

I gave up Columbia couple of weeks ago...

guysssssssssss i wannna phone call sayin i got off waitlist :( im losin hopeee!!!

As an fyi, there has been movement on the wait list.

On May 1st I received a phone call acceptance from 2 very good dental schools. This surprised me. I had predicted waitlist movement the week before May 1st (people making the choice voluntarily) and ~2 weeks after May 1st when AADSAS got back to the schools informing them of multipl-spot holders.

I turned down both offers, because I am already accepted to my #1 choice and didn't bother withdrawing my applications at other schools since I figured b/c this cycle was so competitive the classes were filled and the schools weren't going to choose people off the waiting list anyway :rolleyes:

So to let everyone know there already has been waitlist movement for at least 2 east-coast schools.

would u mind telling us which 2 east coast dental schools??

thankss

would u mind telling us which 2 east coast dental schools??

thankss

no.

I don't want politics to come back and bite me later down the road if I apply to those schools for speciality programs. I am certain both those schools only called a select few people on May 1st, so they could easily figure out who I am. Karma has a weird way of coming back to get you, and I don't need the headache :laugh:

Just curious...Has anyone been placed on a waitlist/alternate list and then been offered acceptance this application cycle? If so which school?

Schools will often pull people off of the waitlist, even during orientation, to fill suddenly vacant spots. Hang in there!

What kind of karma are you worried about. Are they going to call get you kicked off of the admitted list? Damned Kids!

no.

I don't want politics to come back and bite me later down the road if I apply to those schools for speciality programs. I am certain both those schools only called a select few people on May 1st, so they could easily figure out who I am. Karma has a weird way of coming back to get you, and I don't need the headache :laugh: