Accepted off waitlist???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squints02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would love to hear any stories of anyone who has ever been accepted off the waitlist or any other experiences having to do with being waitlisted. I just got on my first one and am starting to loose hope...so for me and everyone else waiting please share your stories....good or bad.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to be the black cloud but my experience with waitlists is less than glorious. I was on three last year and did not get into any school. Luckily this year I got accepted.

That's ok...I am keeping my hopes up but it is good to know the reality of the wait list...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your acceptance off the waitlist is purely based on luck and whether you are meant to be at that school. Meanwhile, you should NOT lose hope and just wish for the best. :thumbup:

My story is not a hopeful one...3 waitlists last year and was not pulled off any, but now I have an acceptance for this cycle plus another interview! I have heard of it happening though, look to JB from last cycle he has a good hopeful story. Best wishes to you, I hope your story goes differently then mine.

My story is not a hopeful one...3 waitlists last year and was not pulled off any, but now I have an acceptance for this cycle plus another interview! I have heard of it happening though, look to JB from last cycle he has a good hopeful story. Best wishes to you, I hope your story goes differently then mine.

based on your avatar, i kinda wish I applied to case.

Last edited:
One of my friends last year had a super early interview pre-Dec and got accepted off the waitlist. It does happen, quite a bit actually from what I hear. :D Don't give up hope on that school :D

I couldn't agree more :thumbup::thumbup:

One of my friends last year had a super early interview pre-Dec and got accepted off the waitlist. It does happen, quite a bit actually from what I hear. :D Don't give up hope on that school :D

I think that once they start to hear back from the people they sent out acceptances to, they'll start plucking people off their waitlists. Just wait it out and keep your fingers crossed.

I got accepted off the waitlist in late April. Like you, I lost hope, but hey, it's not over till its over. Ive heard stories of people getting in just 1 day before school actually started. So, hey, it can happen at ANY time! You just have to wait it out. Good luck to all of you applicants still waiting.

i know a girl who got accepted 5 days before schools started...she had to hull a$$ and move out of state quite suddenly....although i wouldn't want to be in the situation...but the point is she got in...

in my class a student got off the waitlist a couple days before orientation. in fact, the old kid's name was still on all the rosters and the new kid had to sit in his seat in the wrong part of the alphabet the entire year.

stay positive; it does happen.

in my class a student got off the waitlist a couple days before orientation. in fact, the old kid's name was still on all the rosters and the new kid had to sit in his seat in the wrong part of the alphabet the entire year.

stay positive; it does happen.

Kind of really makes you feel wanted.

I think it depends on the the school you are talking about. Some schools waitlist their applicants a lot more extensively than other schools.

At which schools are you waitlisted? Maybe we can help you more accurately if you tell us which schools you are interested in :):D;)

i m on a waitlist at meharry. my only american school interview. I have already started planning for 09 cycle. I think I may have a change of careers, applying to clinical psychology programs. My GPA is good. I just hate the DAT. I am going to call meharry and beg them to take me and tell them that I will never pursue this again if i dont get in. I really wont.

did anyone get off the waitlist at meharry? Any non-AA people?