accepted students Stats please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meteorstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, if ur accepted into a pharmacy school, could you please post ur stats! I'm trying to figure out if i should bother applying at all next year. I have a 3.2 overall gpa, but science is only about 2.9ish. do you think i have a chance? Also, what should i do right now to improve my chance, i'm a junior in college right now. any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm quite sure people with similar stats such as yours have been accepted. If you can take the time to actually read through some of these threads, it most likely will answer any additional questions you might have.

I'm quite sure people with similar stats such as yours have been accepted. If you can take the time to actually read through some of these threads, it most likely will answer any additional questions you might have.
I don't think it is hard to get in a good pharmacy school with those stats. Science Gpa is too low.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but you probably need to get a good PCAT score to make things easier. You should check out this LINK to get an idea of the average GPA accepted for each school.

Do you pharmacy experience?

hey guys, if ur accepted into a pharmacy school, could you please post ur stats! I'm trying to figure out if i should bother applying at all next year. I have a 3.2 overall gpa, but science is only about 2.9ish. do you think i have a chance? Also, what should i do right now to improve my chance, i'm a junior in college right now. any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

I had very similar stats (3.19, 2.8 science) and I am currently in my second year. Own the PCAT (90+) and apply early (as in, the day the apps open). Good luck!

rxbound, do you have any pharmacy experience when you apply? I don't have any as of right now. but i'm thinking of shadowing a pharmacist when school starts this semester and maybe find something that's pharmacy related this summer. Do you think that would be enough experience? what else can i do to get more experience?

i have a ~3.3 overall, a 2.9 science gpa...but i did reapply this year. one advice i would give you is to apply EARLY!

give it a chance, most schools care more about the student overall versus stats.

best of luck!

rxbound, do you have any pharmacy experience when you apply? I don't have any as of right now. but i'm thinking of shadowing a pharmacist when school starts this semester and maybe find something that's pharmacy related this summer. Do you think that would be enough experience? what else can i do to get more experience?

I've been working in a pharmacy since 2003. I got into school in 2006, thus three years of experience (fulltime job). I don't know what enough experience is, honestly. Any experience cannot hurt. It shows that you have an idea of what you are getting into.

good looking
smart
can hold a normal conversation

i have a 2.7 science GPA and got interviews with a 70 pcat so anythings possible. i mean i did make alot of a's and B;s in pre-req the science is down bc of classes for my degree. i now have a 90's pcat so hopefully more will come in.

I have an overall GPA of 3.3, but for science GPA I have 3.4.

How does my GPA look like to you? Which GPA is more important-science or overall? I've spent alot of time in my science courses, but my overall GPA
is lower because I got a few 'C's.
Can you share your opionions? Any recommendations or advice on what school will take me or what I can do? :(

Thanks.

Nerdgirl, why don't you try using the search function and try looking for your answers. There are tons of threads with tons of people with all different types of stats asking the same thing and yours will be answered.

Geez Louise! How many more threads will there be about people's insecurities?:sleep: No more 'My chances?' or 'chances of getting in??'.

The answer is no one knows except the people at the school you are applying to. Yes people have been accepted with sub-par 2.0 GPAs and some with 4.0 GPAs have not.

Note to self start new thread with title, "Am I pretty, tell me please?"

Part of the application process is researching schools!! Most of us sifted through the 100 + different programs, stats, and application procedures... I wish the people who ask lame questions would do the same....argh