Accepted to Cincinnati - Should I interview at SLU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millivanilli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have strong ties to St. Louis and would like to eventually do my residency at Barnes (WashU) and then settle in STL? Would my chances be better graduating from Cinci or SLU (because of its proximity)? I realize there is no gurantee I would get into SLU if I interview there, but I am just trying to get some opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

I have strong ties to St. Louis and would like to eventually do my residency at Barnes (WashU) and then settle in STL? Would my chances be better graduating from Cinci or SLU (because of its proximity)? I realize there is no gurantee I would get into SLU if I interview there, but I am just trying to get some opinions.

Cinci is ranked higher so my guess is you would have a decent chance from there, but because SLU is in St Louis because of proximity you may have a higher chacne bcause it would be easier to do away rotations your 4th year

I say go to the SLU interview, you have nothing to lose. I know it gets kinda crazy around this time but you may like SLU better than you liked Cincinnati, but if you don't go..you won't know. Also, considering your ties to St. Louis, you should def. check out SLU, I've heard good things about the school. Please don't base your decision on US news rankings although I do realize that it is very tempting. Also, I always tell myself if I have second thoughts about going to an interview then I should go so that I don't wonder "what if?". For example, I had second thoughts about one school I applied to when I was offered the interview but I went to the interview and the school is now my top choice!
Hope this helps! :luck: