Accepted to Creighton Web-based!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LTPharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to share that I was accepted to Creighton's web-based program. Anyone else out there here their good news yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, me too! I interviewed just last Friday, so I was really surprised to see the decision email in my inbox this morning. When did you interview?

Congratulations LT (and Dig)! Are you set on going there, or are you still undecided? I was accepted a couple of weeks ago - I'm definitely attending.

I see you are in KS - I grew up there - moved to StL about 9 years ago.

Best of luck - perhaps we will be classmates next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed last Friday as well. I am totally accepting the spot in the class. Glad to see a few others on the board going this pathway as well.

Congrats to you guys as well! The program is really strong and we are pretty fortunate to be attending.

Congrats Dig0 and LTPharmD! Like ajh88 said, perhaps we'll be classmates. I too interviewed in Jan and although Creighton was the only school I applied to, I am very impressed with their program and can't wait to start in the fall. Congrats again!

if you guys dont mind me asking...what were your stats? this has peaked my interest as well.

dustin

I don't mind, my stats are below.

BA in Chemistry (2001)
GPA 3.75
PCAT 99 composite (don't remember the sub tests scores)

The average stats of last years entering class are on their website if you would like to see that information. Hope this helps!

Hi Dustin,

My stats are as follows:

3.76 overall GPA
96% composite PCAT (>60% in each sub-section but I don't remember the specific scores)
B.S. in Biology in 1997
4 months (and counting!) pharm tech experience
9 years research experience (3 academic and 6 industry)

Good luck!

I'm not 100% sure yet if I will go to Creighton, but I'm leaning towards it. If so, I'm sure I'll see all of you in August.

LT, which one were you at last Friday's interview? I was the asian guy.

Stats:

BS Computer Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering (2002)
Prereq GPA: 3.92
PCAT composite: 91

Dig, I was the guy sitting next to you (to your right)at the table in the teleconference. What other schools are you considering?

I was accepted too! I interviewed last Friday as well.

LT and Dig - I was sitting to the right of LT at the conference table. Pretty sure I'm accepting, couple more interviews happening this week and next, but the quality of Creighton, and the flexibility of the online program makes it extremely tough to pass up. Still hasn't fully hit me that I'm in!

My stats for those that care.

GPA: 3.09(but I took 15 credits last semester and got a 4.0 after being out of school for three years, so I think that helped)
PCAT: 96%(they seem to like the high PCAT scores)
BS in Med. Tech. in 2003
3 yrs pharm tech experience in a hospital
3 yrs CLS experience also in a hospital
1 yr clinical research experience

Congrats to everyone who got in, hope to see you all in August!

To those that didn't - I applied five years ago to UMN and didn't get in, this summer I decided to go for broke. I put everything I had into one semester and rocking the PCAT, and it paid off. Don't give up!

Glad to hear you got accepted as well MNpharm. I totally agree...it is hard to pass up the flexibility of the program and the strength of the program. It does seem that they like the higher PCAT scores. Well, they accepted at least three of us from that interview group. I wonder how many more are out there.

4 from the first interview, from who I know. Congrats to you three and others! Lucky, too, as we had to wait the full 10 business days to find out!

Can't wait for 'lab camp'! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is everyone from? Me, Minnesota.

I'm from MN too, although I don't think that I'll be here during the program, not sure where I'll be...but the beauty is, it doesn't matter!

LT, I'm still waiting to hear back from UNC (I live near there).

Looks like the guys from last Friday went 3 for 3 :) . Best of luck to the 4 remaining ladies if you're lurking around out there.

Also wanted to add that my undergrad GPA was less than stellar at 2.97, but I was really able to redeem myself with taking the pre-reqs. I also came from a completely unrelated field, so for those out there thinking of taking the plunge and applying in the future, you can definitely do it.

Don't forget about the Army guy that was to my right, i don't think he'd want to be called a lady :laugh:

congrats...congrats...congrats! i'm from hawaii and am thrilled to start such a great program! i can't wait to meet you and the rest of our classmates!

and for dustin:

BA Natural Science minor Mathematics (2005)
3.7 overall GPA
3.7 science GPA
PCAT 80 (which I know is low compared to all you smarties!)
Oct - present: volunteering at two pharmacies (hospital and retail)
various other non-pharmacy related service and ECs

for those who interviewed on the feb. 9th or 16th...do you know how many interviewed on those days for the distance-based pathway? on jan. 26th we had 16 interviewing...just wondering

On the 16th we had seven people interviewing for distance

oops, check that, good luck to the 4 remaining people :)

I was able to log into my email account today - it looks like its been activated for a little over a week. If anyone is interested and wants instructions, PM me. They are on the website also but it took me a little bit of searching to find them. No important emails yet though - just the intro to your email stuff.

I also got a follow-up letter today but I haven't seen it yet - my husband just told me it came.

And to answer DrugDoc's question - I'm in St. Louis.

Congrats everyone and welcome to Creighton! If you have any specific questions about the distance program feel free to PM me.:thumbup:

I was put on the alternates list for campus based (Feb. 9 interview). Oh well, guess I didn't in. From what I hear, barely anyone gets in from the alternates list due to how they do the rolling admissions. :(

I was put on the alternates list for campus based (Feb. 9 interview). Oh well, guess I didn't in. From what I hear, barely anyone gets in from the alternates list due to how they do the rolling admissions. :(

I was put on the alternate list for an interview last year and had pretty much given up hope. Then as I was sitting at my desk at work one Friday in April of last year, an email popped up from Creighton inviting me for an interview. I was a little sad because the interview was scheduled for April 7th which was my 5-year wedding anniversary but I knew that I couldn't turn down a second chance. I booked my ticket that night and flew out to Omaha that next week to interview. A few weeks later I received an acceptance in the mail!

To anyone who has been put on the waiting/alternate list, don't give up hope until you receive a rejection letter!

To those who have already been accepted.....congratulations and welcome from the web-based class of 2010! :thumbup: