Accepted to Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxMom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to Creighton? The campus based or web based? I've applied to the Web based program but had to wait until the january PCAT. Hopefully too many slots aren't filled by the time they review my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe there was an acceptance listed in the roll call.

RxMom said:
Has anyone been accepted to Creighton? The campus based or web based? I've applied to the Web based program but had to wait until the january PCAT. Hopefully too many slots aren't filled by the time they review my application.
The acceptance in the roll call was me. I am web-based - got an acceptance letter about 8-10 days ago. Unfortunately, they did not give us any indication at the interview as to how far along they were in filling the class. I know that they will have regional interviews as late as March, so I assume that they don't plan to finish filling the class before that point - otherwise, there would be no reason for them to do them in Seattle. Also, their PharmCAS deadline was Feb. 1 so I think they are still waiting on some applications to clear PharmCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response. Did you interview in person or over the phone? Can I ask what your stats are? I'm very nervously awaiting my PCAT results. This year is probably a one shot deal for me applying.

For those who interviewed at Creighton, how long did it take for them to give you a response?

I applied to the web-based program too, more out of curiosity than anything... I haven't heard anything, but I didn't apply until right before the deadline. does anyone know much about it??

RxMom said:
Thanks for the response. Did you interview in person or over the phone? Can I ask what your stats are? I'm very nervously awaiting my PCAT results. This year is probably a one shot deal for me applying.

RxMom,
I applied to the web based pathway too and I am waiting for my PCAT scores also. Have you had an interview yet or are they making you wait until your PCAT score is reported? I was told they will not even get my file from PharmCAS until I have a PCAT score. I am still scrambling to get all of my pre-reqs in. I didn't think I would be applying this year, but decided to try anyway. A long shot for me this year as well.

larutan said:
For those who interviewed at Creighton, how long did it take for them to give you a response?
They told us 1-2 weeks, and I received a letter on day 9.

rexbodiggity said:
I applied to the web-based program too, more out of curiosity than anything... I haven't heard anything, but I didn't apply until right before the deadline. does anyone know much about it??

Well, Creighton University has had a pharmacy school for 100 years - the web-based pathway just a few years, but it is now completely accredited, as they graduated the first class last year. They will accept 110 for on-campus, and 55 for web pathway for 2006. Prior acceptance stats are similar for both pathways - slightly higher PCAT score for web-based folks last year. Also, probably no surprise that the web-based portion of the class trends older - average age last year was 30, I think. You probably already know this from looking at the website, but the web-based folks have to go to Omaha once a year in the summer for between 1-2 weeks for condensed lab work. Also, you can go to Omaha in the 4th year for rotations, but they strongly encourage everyone to arrange rotations wherever you live if possible. Curriculum and cost are same for both pathways. All students in both pathways get a laptop as part of tuition. As it is currently arranged, the web-based folks take slightly less classes in the fall and spring semester compared to the on-campus, but then they also take a few classes in summer besides the trip to Omaha. So, you basically go to school yeararound if you are in the web pathway.

In interview I was told that they do encourage students to work part-time, especially after the first year so that they get some real-world experience in a pharmacy. However, they discourage the web-based folks from trying to work too much - their experience has been that leads to academic problems. I felt that they have been at this long enough that they have worked some of the kinks out of the program, and they are really committed to this pathway as a way to reach students who otherwise would have no way to get a PharmD degree. PM me if you have other specific questions.

Anyone know if Creighton ends up accepting a lot of alternates or do they mostly get rejected in the end?

I submitted my pharmcas app on 10/24 but my supplemental wasn't submitted until 2/1. (Why? I didnt read my supplemental question until after I submitted my pharmacas app and the words "Jesuit" were in the essay question so I was hesistant about going to a religious school. My sis and friend convinced me you dont have to be religious to go there so I ended up submitting my app after all). I got an invite letter 2/16... they seem like nice people.

Did anyone else have an issue completing the personal statement through Pharmcas? The size essay Creighton wanted would not fit in the space allotted on Pharmcas. I submitted the esay directly to Creighton and wrote "See supplemental application" on the Pharmcas application. I hope this won't cause problems.