Accepted to Pharmacy School Recently Charged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xpharmdx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I was accepted to pharmacy school in California already. I was at a music festival in Alabama and I was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and marijuana. The controlled substance was not even mine, so the charged was dismissed and I'm doing a pre-trial intervention to get the misdemeanor dismissed. Since it was in Alabama the charges cannot be expunged. How will this affect me? I know I will have to tell the state for the license, but will it affect me with rotations? The program will take two years for me to finish. I just cannot believe I have these charges from a music festival when I was not even doing anything out of the ordinary.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so regardless of the situation, the details, and the fact that nothing was your fault you will always have a record. Therefore, it is really important to communicate with an advisor or someone who will keep your information confidential. Also, you want to know all the consequences before you go into your first year of pharmacy school. Will you even be able to practice at all? These are things you should find out before you waste hundreds of thousands of dollars on a profesional school education... I hope things work out. God bless :/

Thanks for the advice, but I just really don't know who I should talk to. The other thing is that my name was book wrong, to the point where it's hard for me to even find. I know I won't have a problem with employment because I have since been hired at a pharmacy. I just know I will have to tell the state to be licensed; I'm trying to get in contact with them. Hopefully, they will understand the situation and grant approval.

Members don't see this ad :)
You were accepted so they can't take that away from you unless it is stated in your acceptance letter. The problem only occurs when getting your intern license so if your BOP won't give you one then you cannot complete the pharmacy curriculum. Talk to your state's BOP first before talking to the school.

Take some ownership of the situation. You know you can be arrested for marijuana and controlled substances. Why are you so surprised this happened to you?

Man up, call the school, tell them what happened, and determine the consequences.

Face it: you made a mistake. What you do from this point on says a lot about your character. Will you accept and admit that you screwed up, or are you going to blame this on somebody else? I advise being as open as possible and admitting your mistake.

Honesty is definetly the best policy. I got the felony charge completely dismissed and I am only doing the program for the marijuana. I told the school and they are okay; it's ultimatley up to the BOP. I did tell them as well, they will have to review my case, but they did say I should be fine. Thanks everyone.

Honesty is definetly the best policy. I got the felony charge completely dismissed and I am only doing the program for the marijuana. I told the school and they are okay; it's ultimatley up to the BOP. I did tell them as well, they will have to review my case, but they did say I should be fine. Thanks everyone.

Glad you got it squared away. It would be a shame to let your hard work to get into school all go to waste over a bad idea. Keep your nose clean; I hope it all works out well for you!