bluenumber6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi I wanted to ask you any of you guys if you have been accepted to Ross recently or even had an interview and are awaiting the results.

Can you please tell me your OVERALL GPA and Science GPA and MCAT score?

Also if you did research... etc or not.

Andichad4JC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
bluenumber6 said:
Hi I wanted to ask you any of you guys if you have been accepted to Ross recently or even had an interview and are awaiting the results.

Can you please tell me your OVERALL GPA and Science GPA and MCAT score?

Also if you did research... etc or not.

You are going to laugh! After reading everyone's concern about getting into schools with certain scores (MCAT 29?!?!?! 25?!?!?!; GPA 3.9?!?!?!). Well, let me offer you rest, I got accepted to Ross (and will start this january) with a freakin 20 MCAT and a 3.33 G.P.A.! SO THERE! I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. Just show that you are dedicated.

I should note that I do have two publications (four pending), two years of research (6 research projects) and I am completing a Masters in Biomedical Science. I worked for Loma Linda University Med for 5 years in clinical and shadowed. None of these are any more significant than other vitae padding attempts. I guess i should have spent more of my time in the books LOL.

God bless!

~Andy

OP
B

bluenumber6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Andichad4JC said:
You are going to laugh! After reading everyone's concern about getting into schools with certain scores (MCAT 29?!?!?! 25?!?!?!; GPA 3.9?!?!?!). Well, let me offer you rest, I got accepted to Ross (and will start this january) with a freakin 20 MCAT and a 3.33 G.P.A.! SO THERE! I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. Just show that you are dedicated.

I should note that I do have two publications (four pending), two years of research (6 research projects) and I am completing a Masters in Biomedical Science. I worked for Loma Linda University Med for 5 years in clinical and shadowed. None of these are any more significant than other vitae padding attempts. I guess i should have spent more of my time in the books LOL.

God bless!

~Andy
OMG you are my hero. Except for all those publications! wow thats a lot to live up to. I'm just doing amateur research in a lab that im volunteering at. Well i'd still like a more replies to this. ANyone else??? please surprise me more! :thumbup:

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I do not think that some of you realize that many people applying to Ross and other Carib schools do not even have a 3.0 and might be sporting a sub-25 MCAT.

OP
B

bluenumber6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
McGillGrad said:
I do not think that some of you realize that many people applying to Ross and other Carib schools do not even have a 3.0 and might be sporting a sub-25 MCAT.
Thats good to hear.

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bluenumber6 said:
Thats good to hear.
Worst case scenario, they offer you the MERP program and it takes 3 more months to get your MD. Small obstacle for someone who is determined to become a physician.

uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
i am going to apply about 1st week of august...its not too late in terms of rolling admissions is it? How many do they take for jan 07 and about what percent has filled up? probably hard to answer second question but hey, why not!!!1

OP
B

bluenumber6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I think Ross accepts about 300 per session... i think...