• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

vanstudent1986

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi..I just got an acceptance letter from Samford today and was wondering if anybody got letters yet...

nc_tradition

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i got my acceptance from samford today. so relieved. what a great feeling. have interview at uk tomorrow and charleston saturday and waiting to hear from cincy. but im heading to samford as of now. Western Kentucky university representing

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Congrats to both of you! Samford is about 10 minutes from my house so if you have questions about the area, feel free to ask...

nc_tradition: Do you want me to add you to the "roll call" list??

About the Ads

nc_tradition

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
yes please go ahead and add me to the list.

whats the living costs in the birmingham

Julianne

War Eagle!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
yes please go ahead and add me to the list.

whats the living costs in the birmingham

OK - I added you to roll call

Re: Cost of living - that's a pretty broad subject... are you wondering about housing, price of gas, etc. or more specific stuff like cost of utilities, tax percentages, etc?

Are you living in North Carolina now? Just wondering...

Trailfunk

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2007
trailfunk.com
Status (Visible)
Samford is a private school in Birmingham, AL. My essay topic was directed towards my opinion on student athletes. We drew the topics at random so everyone gets something different.

Ray1234

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Samford is a private school in Birmingham, AL. My essay topic was directed towards my opinion on student athletes. We drew the topics at random so everyone gets something different.

Thank you Trailfunk. How many paragraph did you write on it?
ray

mandersen2

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats to all who got in!! I got my letter a few weeks ago! Has anyone looked for apartments yet? I looked at the Lakeshore Ridge apartments and they look nice.

About the Ads

violingirl

10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I was accepted to Samford a month ago. I'm not from Birmingham so I don't know anyone else who was accepted. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate. I haven't picked an apartment yet. Let me know if you would be interested in getting to know one another to see if we would match as roommates. Thanks

JazziePharmD

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I received my acceptance letter also from Samford on 4/9/08. I still have to complete a physical education course consisting of two hours over the summer term. Can anyone tell me if the P.E. course must actually be something physical like a sport or a dancing class, or would a health course or a written P.E. course be acceptable? Who can I contact at Samford to ask?

chelu55

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
Congrats everyone! I got accepted a couple months ago. My deposit is in and look foward to meeting all of you. So far I havent done much. I still have to find a place to stay. If any would like to speak please feel free to pm me and we can speak over the phone.

chelu55

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
Congrats to both of you! Samford is about 10 minutes from my house so if you have questions about the area, feel free to ask...

nc_tradition: Do you want me to add you to the "roll call" list??

Do you happen to know any decent apartments near Samford? I've done a google search but you can only know so much from pictures. Also, its kind of a weird question but I'm curious if there are any indoor public pools in the area. I do triathlons and I figure all Ill be doing is training and studying. Any info would be much appreciated.

mandersen2

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I am excited to meet everyone this fall, it's going to be great! When did everyone interview for Samford? Just wondering if I have met anyone yet. I interviewed on March 3rd at 10:00 am. Has anyone heard about the Medical Terminology book we need to study for orientation?

chelu55

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
I am excited to meet everyone this fall, it's going to be great! When did everyone interview for Samford? Just wondering if I have met anyone yet. I interviewed on March 3rd at 10:00 am. Has anyone heard about the Medical Terminology book we need to study for orientation?

I just recieved a letter from Samford regarding the Med Term book. Its two pages. One page asking for your summer contact information and the other states you will be tested on medical term. You can purchase the book through SU for $55.00 or by another means. Either way, you have to return the letter with your preference. I dont think I will purchase the book through SU. I'm guessing we can purchase the book cheaper through Amazon.

The book is: Unlocking Medical Terminology by Bruce Wingerd

I interviewed Feb 4th. The day after Superbowl. I'm glad I got accepted. Practicing interview questions during the Superbowl at a hotel by myself was not that fun. At least it was worth it. ha!!

Christian Conley
Soon to be P1 Student!!!!

charhea

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey everyone! I will also be attending Samford in the fall! Can't wait to meet everyone!

As far as living, there are tons of options. There's another thread on here about apartments around Samford that I posted on. When I interviewed I looked at about 6 places. Check out apartmentfinder.com or just PM me with some questions!

JazziePharm - I just wrote you back. Call and talk to Bruce or Jon. They are both really helpful!

About the pools Chelu, Samford recently built a new fitness center so I'm guessing there might be a pool there..? Not sure though.

Like Chelu said, you should get something in the mail about the book. I went ahead and ordered it from them.

Oh.. and I interview Feb 8 and was accepted 2 weeks later!

charhea

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
For everyone who will be attending next year.. do you all have Facebook? I know that Jon Parker has created a FB group for the class of 2012. There's 43 people in the group as of now. I'm not sure how he's going about tracking everyone down on facebook though. I didn't know if anyone else was in the group besides me!!

mandersen2

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have a facebook account but I am new with the site. How do you join that group? I have actually been woundering about that myself.

charhea

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey! Maybe if you search for MSOP Class of 2012 and look under the groups.. you might could request to join. That should send the request to Mr. Parker. Maybe since you're new he missed you. Welcome to Facebook :) haha

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.