ACCEPTED to Samford!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peetydude2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my acceptance letter today in the mail!! Has anyone else been accepted to Samford?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my acceptance letter today in the mail!! Has anyone else been accepted to Samford?

Congrats!! You have several classmates who are already members of SDN...I'm sure they'll chime in as they read your message.

By the way, would you like for me to add you to our "Roll Call" thread?

EDIT: Hehehehe - nevermind, you beat me to it - are you a tad bit excited?!?

Congratulations! I interviewed in March, but I'm on the wait list until the committee meets again at the end of the month...so I don't know when that was supposed to be. I've accepted an offer from Nova Southeastern.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I interviewed in March, but I'm on the wait list until the committee meets again at the end of the month...so I don't know when that was supposed to be. I've accepted an offer from Nova Southeastern.

Have they assigned waitlist numbers yet? If you are offered a spot at Samford, will you accept it or stay with Nova?

The final admissions letters were sent out yesterday, so I am sure that you will hear either Saturday or Monday at the latest. I live in Birmingham so it took no time to get my letter.

Have they assigned waitlist numbers yet? If you are offered a spot at Samford, will you accept it or stay with Nova?

It would be a hard decision b/c Birmingham is only about 3 1/2 hours vs about 7 1/2 to Palm Beach Gardens....but I really think I will like the class size of 50 at Nova and I love the beach!! Besides, I hear that Birmingham has crappy weather. I've also got a roommate lined up at Nova who will be in my class. So yeah, I'd stay with Nova...I think.

The final admissions letters were sent out yesterday, so I am sure that you will hear either Saturday or Monday at the latest. I live in Birmingham so it took no time to get my letter.

Did you receive the letter stating that you would have to wait until the committee met again before they made the final decision?? Just curious.

Besides, I hear that Birmingham has crappy weather.

Your other reasons are sound, but I disagree with this one. I guess if you're from the north (not used to the heat) or the midwest (not used to the humidity) it might be an adjustment but I wouldn't call it BAD... okay, well I forgot about being in tornado alley, but still :p If nothing else, the scenery makes up for it.

I got a letter in Mid-March that stated that I was on the waiting list and that a final admissions decision regarding my application would be made in late April. The committee met earlier this week I think, and the letters regarding all final admissions decisions were all sent out yesterday (Thurs. 4/26/07) according to the pharmacy admissions office. The letter today stated that my application was accepted for the Fall of 2007; so now all I have to do is mail in my deposit, send my final transcripts, apply for financial aid, and buy a medical terminology book to get ready for a test the 1st day of classes. I hope all of this information helps you guys out.

Yes, waiting list numbers have been assigned, but now they are called "alternate list" numbers because people on there are ranked.

I got a letter in Mid-March that stated that I was on the waiting list and that a final admissions decision regarding my application would be made in late April. The committee met earlier this week I think, and the letters regarding all final admissions decisions were all sent out yesterday (Thurs. 4/26/07) according to the pharmacy admissions office. The letter today stated that my application was accepted for the Fall of 2007; so now all I have to do is mail in my deposit, send my final transcripts, apply for financial aid, and buy a medical terminology book to get ready for a test the 1st day of classes. I hope all of this information helps you guys out.

You take a test on the first day of classes!! :eek:

Yes, and that book will cost 50 bucks. I think they just want to check how familiar the whole class is about the medical terminology... or if there is a reason to explain the term they will be using in the class. I had a wonderful professor in the past who used to take the test on the very first day of every class he taught and talk to the whole class about what to remember from other classes for that class and he would cooperate with you so well.. that you will never feel lost in the class. He was a genius.
I believe samford will follow the same model.
Ray