Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ACCEPTED to Samford!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by peetydude2007, Apr 27, 2007.

1. peetydude2007

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got my acceptance letter today in the mail!! Has anyone else been accepted to Samford?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Congrats!! You have several classmates who are already members of SDN...I'm sure they'll chime in as they read your message.

By the way, would you like for me to add you to our "Roll Call" thread?

EDIT: Hehehehe - nevermind, you beat me to it - are you a tad bit excited?!?

4. RX student

RX student NSU-WPB campus

Pharmacy Student
    Congratulations! I interviewed in March, but I'm on the wait list until the committee meets again at the end of the month...so I don't know when that was supposed to be. I've accepted an offer from Nova Southeastern.

5. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Have they assigned waitlist numbers yet? If you are offered a spot at Samford, will you accept it or stay with Nova?

6. peetydude2007

Pre-Pharmacy
    The final admissions letters were sent out yesterday, so I am sure that you will hear either Saturday or Monday at the latest. I live in Birmingham so it took no time to get my letter.

7. RX student

Pharmacy Student
    It would be a hard decision b/c Birmingham is only about 3 1/2 hours vs about 7 1/2 to Palm Beach Gardens....but I really think I will like the class size of 50 at Nova and I love the beach!! Besides, I hear that Birmingham has crappy weather. I've also got a roommate lined up at Nova who will be in my class. So yeah, I'd stay with Nova...I think.

8. RX student

Pharmacy Student
    Did you receive the letter stating that you would have to wait until the committee met again before they made the final decision?? Just curious.

9. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Your other reasons are sound, but I disagree with this one. I guess if you're from the north (not used to the heat) or the midwest (not used to the humidity) it might be an adjustment but I wouldn't call it BAD... okay, well I forgot about being in tornado alley, but still :p If nothing else, the scenery makes up for it.

10. peetydude2007

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got a letter in Mid-March that stated that I was on the waiting list and that a final admissions decision regarding my application would be made in late April. The committee met earlier this week I think, and the letters regarding all final admissions decisions were all sent out yesterday (Thurs. 4/26/07) according to the pharmacy admissions office. The letter today stated that my application was accepted for the Fall of 2007; so now all I have to do is mail in my deposit, send my final transcripts, apply for financial aid, and buy a medical terminology book to get ready for a test the 1st day of classes. I hope all of this information helps you guys out.

11. peetydude2007

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yes, waiting list numbers have been assigned, but now they are called "alternate list" numbers because people on there are ranked.

12. Utterdevotion

Utterdevotion Hopeful future pharmacist
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacy Student
    You take a test on the first day of classes!! :eek:

13. Ray1234

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yes, and that book will cost 50 bucks. I think they just want to check how familiar the whole class is about the medical terminology... or if there is a reason to explain the term they will be using in the class. I had a wonderful professor in the past who used to take the test on the very first day of every class he taught and talk to the whole class about what to remember from other classes for that class and he would cooperate with you so well.. that you will never feel lost in the class. He was a genius.
    I believe samford will follow the same model.
    Ray