Accepted to UW after 4 years!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dehaandster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted to the University of Washington!!!!!! I have applied 4 times and spent a lot of time and money to get into dental schools and it finally happened. If any of you want it bad enough don't give up!!!!

Keep volunteering, keep taking classes, and keep taking the DAT. For a brief moment, I was actually thinking of giving up this year because financially I couldn't afford to apply to schools a fifth time but I picked myself up and was fully prepared to go get a masters and retake classes if needed. Dentistry is the only thing I want to do.

This has been one of the hardest years of my life (and I have had a hard life). This makes it all worth it and I can move back home to Seattle to take care of my family during this hard time for us.

Thanks for everyone's advice and help on these forums over the years.

I'll keep hoping that all of you will be accepted too!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nice job...

Inspiration for all predents!

If you can remember well enough, try to make a predent record of the four years. It would be nice for others to see. Just make good guesses at the dates and schools applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will you consider the RIDE program, or simply plan on the standard Seattle based program. Well first quarter down for me and I guess I will see you next September. Oh, and I guess UW just makes and effort to make you suffer as it took me three years to get into this program. You deserve it.

It feels good doesn't it? Congrats man, I'm happy for ya.

Congrats!

I want to go there too! :)

Congratulations! I commend you on your diligence in pursuing dentistry, hopefully this gets through to other predents and show them that hard work and perseverance can lead to success.

Congratulations!!!! I also was recently accepted to UW, in my fourth year of applying. I guess Kathy just got tired of answering our calls :). What a relief to be accepted, after this long road of rejections. Best of luck to you and your family. Thank you for sharing, and I will see you in August!

did you guys only want to go to uw? bc isn't it rare to have to apply 4 years in a row? esp to uw, because the percentage of 2nd time applicants getting in is over 90%....

Congratulations! It must feel really good...

Congratulations on your acceptance! UW is an excellent program! Best of luck.;)

congrats ... i applied there last year but gave up hope and left it off my list of schools for this year ... i love that school but only a few spots for people coming from out of state