accepted w/o finishing prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrissystar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone gotten accepted without finishing a prereq?

for PCO, ive taken microbiology.. but they want a laboratory component. if i get accepted, im enrolling in the summer to finish that off. i already told them that during my interview with the academic counsellor. im just afraid i wont be given high priority because my prereqs arent complete yet.

anyone been in a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone gotten accepted without finishing a prereq?

for PCO, ive taken microbiology.. but they want a laboratory component. if i get accepted, im enrolling in the summer to finish that off. i already told them that during my interview with the academic counsellor. im just afraid i wont be given high priority because my prereqs arent complete yet.

anyone been in a similar situation?
i got accepted to SCCO without finishing a physio lab pre-requ. i dont think they frown down on it too much, as long as everything else is good. good luck!!

Colleen-One of the admission officer notified me that all preqs must be completed and document sent in before Aug 17. So make sure your summer class finished before the deadline. I know, it sucks but she did say in worst case scenario you can use another class to substitute but only with the dean's permission.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview at IU, they sat down with me to check about the prereqs that I had listed as incomplete on my application. I was currently enrolled in one, and was planning on taking another the next semester.

I really don't think it affects the strength of your application, especially if it's only one class. They wouldn't want to pass up a good applicant just because of the timing of your classes. Well, at least that's my opinion.

I was accepted to ICO with a LOOOOOOONG list of unfinished pre-reqs...a whole years worth - 2 semesters worth. =)

how did you manage that? unless you got accepted during the fall semester or you're work as* of this semester and summer to finish it.

i got accepted to SCCO without finishing a physio lab pre-requ. i dont think they frown down on it too much, as long as everything else is good. good luck!!

Since when did SCCO require physiology? Do you mean physics?

Anyway I got accepted into berkeley w/o finishing Physio or Biochem, which I am taking now.

how did you manage that? unless you got accepted during the fall semester or you're work as* of this semester and summer to finish it.

well yeah, I submitted my app without last semester's grades nor this semester. I just told them my 'plan' to finish it. Based on my steller GPA and everything - they accepted me, regardless.

Since when did SCCO require physiology? Do you mean physics?

Anyway I got accepted into berkeley w/o finishing Physio or Biochem, which I am taking now.
the physio lab was for the bio lab pre-req