accepted w/o finishing prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chrissystar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone gotten accepted without finishing a prereq?

for PCO, ive taken microbiology.. but they want a laboratory component. if i get accepted, im enrolling in the summer to finish that off. i already told them that during my interview with the academic counsellor. im just afraid i wont be given high priority because my prereqs arent complete yet.

anyone been in a similar situation?
 
has anyone gotten accepted without finishing a prereq?

for PCO, ive taken microbiology.. but they want a laboratory component. if i get accepted, im enrolling in the summer to finish that off. i already told them that during my interview with the academic counsellor. im just afraid i wont be given high priority because my prereqs arent complete yet.

anyone been in a similar situation?
i got accepted to SCCO without finishing a physio lab pre-requ. i dont think they frown down on it too much, as long as everything else is good. good luck!!
 
Colleen-One of the admission officer notified me that all preqs must be completed and document sent in before Aug 17. So make sure your summer class finished before the deadline. I know, it sucks but she did say in worst case scenario you can use another class to substitute but only with the dean's permission.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my interview at IU, they sat down with me to check about the prereqs that I had listed as incomplete on my application. I was currently enrolled in one, and was planning on taking another the next semester.

I really don't think it affects the strength of your application, especially if it's only one class. They wouldn't want to pass up a good applicant just because of the timing of your classes. Well, at least that's my opinion.
 
I was accepted to ICO with a LOOOOOOONG list of unfinished pre-reqs...a whole years worth - 2 semesters worth. =)
 
how did you manage that? unless you got accepted during the fall semester or you're work as* of this semester and summer to finish it.
 
i got accepted to SCCO without finishing a physio lab pre-requ. i dont think they frown down on it too much, as long as everything else is good. good luck!!

Since when did SCCO require physiology? Do you mean physics?

Anyway I got accepted into berkeley w/o finishing Physio or Biochem, which I am taking now.
 
how did you manage that? unless you got accepted during the fall semester or you're work as* of this semester and summer to finish it.

well yeah, I submitted my app without last semester's grades nor this semester. I just told them my 'plan' to finish it. Based on my steller GPA and everything - they accepted me, regardless.