Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

shamthis

Hi everybody. The "Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected" column on last admissions cycle's SDN was my favorite part. Since I am the self-declared re-applicant of honor, I would be delighted to start this year's. Especially with the inital wave of rejections brought about by institutions like Northwestern, Vanderbilt, and Stanford, this thread will be especially useful.

On Wahoo's behalf, I would like to make the first contribution.

Institution (A, W, R)

Vanderbilt (0,0,1)

Good luck to everbody, and may the A column flourish.

Members don't see this ad.

Woohoo! :)

Institution (A, W, R)

Vanderbilt (0,0,2)

dude you got to make it OFFICIAL to make it carry any wait. now its destined to be lost and restarted under that name.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll abuse my moderator status and change that for ShamThis, before the thread goes to H E double-hockey-sticks. :D

Shamthis, I read your entire story on the waitlist thread. I am really sorry that you have to go over this misery all over again. Stick around! We will need your expertise to guide us through this process.

Tweetie

Originally posted by shamthis
Hi everybody. The "Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected" column on last admissions cycle's SDN was my favorite part. Since I am the self-declared re-applicant of honor, I would be delighted to start this year's. Especially with the inital wave of rejections brought about by institutions like Northwestern, Vanderbilt, and Stanford, this thread will be especially useful.

On Wahoo's behalf, I would like to make the first contribution.

Institution (A, W, R)

Vanderbilt (0,0,1)

Good luck to everbody, and may the A column flourish.

hehe I feel so honored, that you would revive this thread :D This time, I have a feeling though that you will get in :) (remember apply to more schools!!!) Your bound to get in, the power of Watcha will be with you this time :p:)

Wow guys. I'm speechless. I didn't know if my initiative would be looked upon as too self-righteous or what, but I feel great that you support this (re)creation. Now I can tell Case I've filled a "leadership" position :laugh: Tweetie, you're a real sweetie. Thanks for sympathizing (empathizing? no) with my sobs. My story was pretty sad, and not many people get rejected after as many interviews as I had, but this year will be better I think. I am doing clinical research and watching tons of surgery- it's a great personality builder, and I can detect personal character improvement in every word I speak. I feel like I speak mroe humbly, deliberately, meditatively, and confidently (one can be confident and humble) than I was last year. My essays are much stronger, I have a sterling new letter of reccommendation, and I will be a tutor next year too. Plus- interviews are very fun, and who knows, maybe I'll end up somewhere I never dreamed of attending last year. I will be re-taking the MCAT on Saturday(though, unreleased and unannounced, for anxiety's sake- don't question this decision please, I carefully considered the costs and benefits- since a 30 is good but borderline, I think its the wisest move to withhold)-- . For now, my 30 has allowed me to surmount the initial barriers. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes on Saturday. I have high hopes, since I studied less than 20 hours for the April 2001 MCAT administration, and nearly 120 for this one. All the while, my verbal remains crummy, but we'll see how it goes...

Again, thank you for the blessings. It's nice to see the generation turnover at SDN, the symbolic "turning the keys over to the child." I hope this year is better for us all. I applied to 23 schools, 10 more than last year, and a broader range, and earlier.

Cheers,
Sham This (for all who wonder about the etiology of my name, it refers to a July article in the New York Times that reported that arthroscopic knee surgery is a "sham". My response, "sham this!")

wow, sham, u sound like u'd make a great doctor, u've got dedication to the field written all over u...
we're all rooting for u here on SDN

Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit

Your bound to get in, the power of Watcha will be with you this time :p:)

Listen to Watcha...Watcha is good and wise....wise...

ok, I have no idea why the "OFFICIAL" part is not appearing on the thread. It IS appearing in the thread though. Perhaps the OP can change the title???

I don't know why this is happening.....
Tweetie

Hey guys, thanks again. I tried changing it myself, but still to no avail... I'll keep trying I guess. :)

AWR OP