-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Accepted! Wingate University
Started by BetseyLou
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys know if Wingate does interviews? I also applied for the program starting next January
edited... see below
Last edited:
Oh wait! I was wrong I think... http://dpt.wingate.edu/cms-assets/documents/80471-964093.acrequirements.pdf
I believe that's the admission requirements for last year (JAN 2014 class) the current one (JAN 2015 Class) is http://dpt.wingate.edu/cms-assets/documents/143274-863390.acr-2015.pdfOh wait! I was wrong I think... http://dpt.wingate.edu/cms-assets/documents/80471-964093.acrequirements.pdf
It doesn't say anything there about interviews so maybe they aren't requiring one this year.
I believe that's the admission requirements for last year (JAN 2014 class) the current one (JAN 2015 Class) is http://dpt.wingate.edu/cms-assets/documents/143274-863390.acr-2015.pdf
It doesn't say anything there about interviews so maybe they aren't requiring one this year.
Okay great.... I was wondering because I have a really thorough spreadsheet of all of the schools I applied to and I had No interview written down. I must have seen your link first, but when I searched recently I just found the older version. Thanks!
Question..to those of you who applied to Wingate University, did you guys fill out the "WU DPT Verification of Physical Therapist Observation form"? It lists that as one of the requirements in the pdf someone posted above. I can't seem to find that form anywhere online so I wasn't sure if we need it..?
Nope haven't heard from them at all!Has anyone heard anything for the 2015 class?
Nope! I did read somewhere (maybe the admissions section on their website?) that no one is notified until they have selected the entire cohort (42 people), so I'm thinking we will probably not hear anything for awhile. I may be wrong though!Has anyone heard anything for the 2015 class?
Oh okay! Thanks!! Good luck to everyone 🙂
Were you accepted at Wingate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if anyone is still checking this, I was accepted into the 2015 class in January... I didn't have to do an interview or anything. I'm really considering going there. Just afraid of whether it'll be a good program or not.
I was notified last week Friday that I was accepted! They called me and I got a letter in the mail this week.
Grad school: Cleveland State University masters candidate in exercise Science (will graduate in December) GPA: 3.7
Undergrad: Cleveland State University
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.3 Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: Verbal-155 Quant-145 Written-4
75 volunteer hours
4 letters of recommendation, 2 from PT's 1 from head of masters program, 1 from undergrad professor
6 semesters as a TA in the gross anatomy cadaver lab
Applied to: temple, Thomas Jefferson u, wingate, Azusa pacific u, and chapman u.
Rejected: temple
Wait listed: TJU
Still waiting to hear from: Azusa pacific and chapman
Accepted: Wingate
When I spoke with the woman in admissions she said that they looked mostly at classes relevant to PT, and recommendation letters. She also said that there were around 900 applicants. Hope you hear back soon!
Undergrad: Cleveland State University
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.3 Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: Verbal-155 Quant-145 Written-4
75 volunteer hours
4 letters of recommendation, 2 from PT's 1 from head of masters program, 1 from undergrad professor
6 semesters as a TA in the gross anatomy cadaver lab
Applied to: temple, Thomas Jefferson u, wingate, Azusa pacific u, and chapman u.
Rejected: temple
Wait listed: TJU
Still waiting to hear from: Azusa pacific and chapman
Accepted: Wingate
When I spoke with the woman in admissions she said that they looked mostly at classes relevant to PT, and recommendation letters. She also said that there were around 900 applicants. Hope you hear back soon!
I submitted my app in March
Oh man, I don't think I have a chance haha. My GPA and GRE are my weakest parts of my apps. I have like 3000 hours as an aide and good letters of rec so maybe those will help! Congrats!
did you end up getting into Wingate? i'm in the same boat as you were it looks like