Accepted with a conduct IA, AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TragicalDrFaust

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to Touro Nevada. Drug related expulsion in 2011, criminal record was expunged because it was a first time offense. I still owned up to it on my applications of course.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Touro Nevada. Drug related expulsion in 2011, criminal record was expunged because it was a first time offense. I still owned up to it on my applications of course.
Might be a little personal, but was this drug the marijuana or something else? If it was the MJ, do you think the process would have been different if it was a different controlled substance? Just curious.

Congrats!!! Did it come up in your interview? How did you handle it if so?

Might be a little personal, but was this drug the marijuana or something else? If it was the MJ, do you think the process would have been different if it was a different controlled substance? Just curious.
A felony‘s worth of MJ. I suspect it would have been a bigger red flag had the drug been anything else because the assumption would be that formed a chemical dependance- not a trait that inspires confidence in one’s reliability or composure under pressure. I wasn’t asked about it in either of my interviews so I can only speculate about what kind of impression it left taken with the rest of my application.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! Did it come up in your interview? How did you handle it if so?
It didn’t come up in either of my interviews. Both were mostly closed file. My expulsion directed my personal narrative for several years so I voluntarily brought up having to leave school. I discussed learning healthier coping skills and how I worked to become financially independent from my parents. I stressed my willingness to be accountable and passion for doing something constructive with myself as I developed adult values and interests.

Reactions: 1 users
It didn’t come up in either of my interviews. Both were mostly closed file. My expulsion directed my personal narrative for several years so I voluntarily brought up having to leave school. I discussed learning healthier coping skills and how I worked to become financially independent from my parents. I stressed my willingness to be accountable and passion for doing something constructive with myself as I developed adult values and interests.

Good job owning up and taking the reins of responsibility!

That sounds like a strong narrative OP, congrats!