Accepting multiple schools

Started by StePharmD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StePharmD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I just got an acceptance email from a school that I interviewed with last week. It is not my first choice, but I am thinking about accepting/putting down the deposit anyway just in case I do not get accepted anywhere else.

I wanted to know if I would be able to accept/deposit to this school, and then tell them I retract my acceptance once I hear back from other schools in the future...? Or do I have to commit to that school once I place my deposit?
 
You can always withdraw your acceptance. I think you should put your deposit down. Just in case.
 
IMO, I would definitely put the deposit down because you can always withdraw your acceptance later on. You may lose the money, but at least you know you'll never lose your seat in case something better doesn't come along. Good luck!