Accepting offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coyote10

Reaction score
Hi guys! So I am planning when to take my interviews, and was just wondering... can optometry schools see when you have accepted an offer to another school? I know that you only usually have 2 weeks to accept an offer to a school. Is it safe to accept an offer to a school, but then say you get an interview at another school which you like better, then accept their offer? Is this a thing? Going to be interviewing at ICO, MCO, PCO, NECO, and SUNY.

Members don't see this ad.

The schools cannot see if you are accepted to other programs. ;)

The schools cannot see if you are accepted to other programs. ;)
So this means if I am not interviewing with my favourite school first, but interview and accept the offer from my second favourite school, that I can still attend an interview with my favourite school like 3 weeks later and be accepted there?

Members don't see this ad :)
So this means if I am not interviewing with my favourite school first, but interview and accept the offer from my second favourite school, that I can still attend an interview with my favourite school like 3 weeks later and be accepted there?

Yes. Also some schools give you more than two weeks to decide. Or if you ask for extended time, they allow it (I know that’s the case for NECO).

Hi guys! So I am planning when to take my interviews, and was just wondering... can optometry schools see when you have accepted an offer to another school? I know that you only usually have 2 weeks to accept an offer to a school. Is it safe to accept an offer to a school, but then say you get an interview at another school which you like better, then accept their offer? Is this a thing? Going to be interviewing at ICO, MCO, PCO, NECO, and SUNY.

How close are your interviews apart? Like every weekend?

So you have 5 interview offers and have only accepted 3? Its getting so expensive to try and fly and stay everywhere, I am in the same boat.