accepting the acceptance offer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuponoodles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
erm, in the midst of getting my first acceptance, I completely neglected the "notify us in 2 weeks with your deposit" part of the letter. now it's been 3.5 weeks and I'm waiting till Monday to call the office. Would they have revoked the offer by now? HOw stringent is that 2 week limit? has anybody turned it in late and NOT gotten a space reserved????
:confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Members don't see this ad.

it's pretty stringent. I suggest you call early and often on monday until you get an answer from their office. Then I suggest you throw yourself at the mercy of the admissions gods.

erm, in the midst of getting my first acceptance, I completely neglected the "notify us in 2 weeks with your deposit" part of the letter. now it's been 3.5 weeks and I'm waiting till Monday to call the office. Would they have revoked the offer by now? HOw stringent is that 2 week limit? has anybody turned it in late and NOT gotten a space reserved????

Good luck. Hope it works out. Can you say you were having trouble getting the money together?

Members don't see this ad :)
noodle, i am sorry...but this must be done: WHAT exactly were you thinking??

im waitlisted right now, and you can bet that if i got an acceptance that check would be in the mail so fast...no matter who i had to rob to get the money:hardy:

noodle, i am sorry...but this must be done: WHAT exactly were you thinking??

im waitlisted right now, and you can bet that if i got an acceptance that check would be in the mail so fast...no matter who i had to rob to get the money:hardy:

cuponoodles,

I'm gonna have to agree with the quote here. That is some major negligence on your part. Hopefully, they will turn the other cheek and let you in. Otherwise, I am so sorry because there are other people like me and the poster I have quoted who are on the waitlist and are literally gnawing at the gate in order to get in.

I know I know. it's tremendous suckage :(

that is very darwinian of you.

but I would put good odds on you getting the spot back.

Something like that happened to me but it turned out ok.

How on earth did you let that happen?

It's up to the school, it probably varies as to how strict they are with it. The only way to find out is to give them a call first thing and see if they will grant you an extension. I won't guarantee it, but I would guess they wouldn't rescind the offer so quickly. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Perhaps say that the letter got returned to you? Beg and plead? I probably wouldn't be above sexual favors if I were you...

that is very darwinian of you.

but I would put good odds on you getting the spot back.

Lets make this interesting...

$20 s/he doesn't have a spot anymore

First and foremost, your letter arrived late. Ask no questions. Send in your fee money and go to medical school.

They have time stamps on them, but the post office still could have made a mistake. Things happen....

I think you'll be arite. I would doubt they monitor your individual deadline that closely. send in the check regardless and call them and tell them it's in the mail. Money should set everything straight.

Ask no questions. Send in your fee money and go to medical school.

Agree. Send in the money, don't make a big deal about it being late. Just thank them for the offer, enclose the check, and say something about how you look forward to joining them this fall. Email or call a few days/week later to confirm that they have received your letter/deposit.

Just mail the check today. I think it will be fine. They obviously wanted you as a student to fill a spot, so unless they completely ran out of spots by this point, there's no reason for them to make a big deal.

If anything, can you drive the deposit to the school today? because 1.5 weeks late is not too bad, but letting it go on for longer might be.

I think they'll call if they haven't heard anything from you and are considering dropping you, that's what happened to a friend of mine whose letter actually was lost in the mail. They called to see if she was turning down the seat and she freaked out a little bit then got it all worked out.

Perhaps say that the letter got returned to you? Beg and plead? I probably wouldn't be above sexual favors if I were you...

I wanted to post a clip from the part of Van Wilder where he makes out with that old financial aid woman, but I couldn't find it on youtube :(