accessing our records

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhshin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this may be a dumb question, but for all these questions on criminal offenses, will the dental schools actually do background checks? i have some extremely minor offense on my juvenile record.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think anyone knows for sure... but you bet they could if they wanted to :scared:. just be honest, i'm sure adcoms will understand

You might as well assume that all dental schools will run some sort of background check on you. Your educational as well as criminal histories. You should get in touch with a lawyer to see if those "minor" offenses can be removed from your record (or if they appear on your record in the first place).

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe most schools only do background checks on those they accept. i guess they reserve the right to take back the acceptance, though. i've never heard of that happening.

i believe most schools only do background checks on those they accept. i guess they reserve the right to take back the acceptance, though. i've never heard of that happening.

I guess they run the background check on accepted students, but anyway you don't want to get accepted and then loose your admission because of not releasing your background information!