Accessory Thank you notes, how did you write them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmerted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of sending thank you notes to some of the students and admissions staff that helped with my interview day. (not the admissions director and faculty interviewer)

How did you word a thank you note to them?

Here's what i have so far:

It was very enjoyable meeting with you and I appreciated the friendly and professional manner in which the interview day was conducted.
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to see me.
I appreciated your hospitality and enjoyed meeting you and members of the admissions staff.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

that's more or less how I worded mine. Can't think of anything else that needs to be there.

Dear ....:

I would just like to say thank you for taking the time to interview me for the PharmD program. I feel honored to have been given the chance to show you how dedicated I am to this program. After visiting the college, I am more excited than ever! The campus facilities have far exceeded my expectations! I look forward to hearing from you and hope to soon become part of your exceptional TEAM!

Sincerely,
--------------------
it was something like this, though maybe not exactly. you get the point! hope this helps!!

Members don't see this ad :)
kellia, great stuff. anyone else have what they wrote? thanks!

Here's mine (wrote it a while ago). It sounds a little corny now that I read it haha. But hope it helps. Sending a card would have been a lot easier, because then I wouldn't have had to write so much:

Dear ... Pharmacy Admissions,

I would first like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to come up to ... for an interview where I got a chance to interact with current students and faculty members. It was truly a delight to spend time with the students and faculty members during the tour, interview, and break sessions. I would like to express my gratitude towards the extremely friendly faculty members and students who interviewed me: (add names here).

My interest in your program has been exceptionally captivated since the day I visited the campus during the Open House Event on September 20, 2003 and by being given the opportunity to visit the campus once again for an interview, further added to my determination to attain my Doctor of Pharmacy Degree through your program. With my dedication and perseverance to do well, I would love to move further on my path towards becoming a Pharmacist through your program.

I would like to reiterate my strong interest in your program and thank you all once again for your hospitality on the day of my interview. I look forward to hearing from you and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
(your name)

also if you remember anything specific try to add it in there to make it a bit personal...so it doesnt' sound like a mass produced letter.