Accidentally entered courses as semesters instead of trimesters, but submitted AMCAS already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TabbyTuxy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My university apparently is on a trimester system for AMCAS, but functionally we have semesters, so without a second thought I entered my coursework as semesters. I had no problems, since I only took courses in the fall and spring, never summer (which has two shortened semesters at my school).

I submitted AMCAS 5/28. Should I anticipate any issues, like having to resubmit? Will AMCAS even notice/care, since on my transcript the language used is "semester," not "trimester"? I know I just have to wait a few days to see, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Members don't see this ad.

My university apparently is on a trimester system for AMCAS, but functionally we have semesters, so without a second thought I entered my coursework as semesters. I had no problems, since I only took courses in the fall and spring, never summer (which has two shortened semesters at my school).

I submitted AMCAS 5/28. Should I anticipate any issues, like having to resubmit? Will AMCAS even notice/care, since on my transcript the language used is "semester," not "trimester"? I know I just have to wait a few days to see, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I think you should be set. AMCAS has real people reading your transcripts, so they should be able to decipher it.

@hniel15 , what time did you submit on May 28th and did you get verified yet? From your post, I'm assuming AMCAS didn't verify your application yet? For what it's worth, I submitted May 28th at 9:46 AM and still waiting for them to review; hoping they will do so on Monday. I don't intend to brag and sorry iff I am sounding neurotic, but given AMCAS technology problems, I'm having some doubt in my head.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should be set. AMCAS has real people reading your transcripts, so they should be able to decipher it.

@hniel15 , what time did you submit on May 28th and did you get verified yet? From your post, I'm assuming AMCAS didn't verify your application yet? For what it's worth, I submitted May 28th at 9:46 AM and still waiting for them to review; hoping they will do so on Monday. I don't intend to brag and sorry iff I am sounding neurotic, but given AMCAS technology problems, I'm having some doubt in my head.
No worries at all! I was amazed by how quickly those 9:30 submitters were verified. I submitted at 9:58am EST and have not been verified yet. Probably within the next business day or two. Best of luck to you!