Accidentally submitted too many letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hoosierdoctor13

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. So I goofed on my AMCAS and sent too many letters of recommendation to a few of my schools. I was under the impression that I would select which letters I wanted the school to receive if/when I submitted a secondary application. And therefore thought I needed to designate all (6) letters to the schools. Some of the schools I applied to only accept 5. There is one letter in particular that I do not want any schools to overlook by random chance.

Is this going to really hurt my application?
 
@hoosierdoctor13 How did this turn out for you?

This is:

1. A thread made over 2 years ago
2. By a user that hasn't been on SDN in months
3. That posted about deciding between OHSU and Indiana University.

I think you'll be fine, but you're probably not going to be getting a response anytime soon.