Choosing Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thestry4

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!

I am a reapplicant who will have 2 years prior to matriculation, and am wondering which letters of recommendation I should send to schools with maximums below the number of letters I have available.

I have one from a science professor that I had class with and TA'ed for, one from a science professor I had class with and interviewed for a writing project, and one from a writing professor that was brought up in past interviews for good reasons.

Additionally, I have a letter from a PI, and two from doctors that I currently work with.

When I only have 5 letter slots available, should I prioritize the two from doctors that know me personally and currently, or the academic/faculty letter from the science professor I interviewed, who does and did not know me as personally, and who I haven't had class with in over a year?
 
Last edited: