"According to the passage" Q's: use outside info?

Started by Le Boudin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Le Boudin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was doing some EK 1001 Bio and I was wondering about a question in the I, II, III format.

The correct answer included I, II, and III, but the passage only mentioned two of them. The other one could be concluded as correct, but was never explicitly stated in the passage. The question stem was "according to the passage".

In these situations, when the question stem refers to "based on the passage" or "according to the passage" etc.--should we use outside information?

If you know the content, each question is just a mini logic puzzle, and this is just another twist in the game.
 
well, you cant say for sure for bs/ps, because it obviously tests content and is not entirely passage-based. for vr, though, you should never have to use outside info.