ACE and SEE books Written board review?

Started by kotomi21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kotomi21

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the SEE (Self-Education and Evaluation Program) booklets review helpful for the written board? I wanted to do as many board like question exams as I can.

Thank you for your help
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used Hall and McGraw-Hill review books which are very detailed. McGraw Hill is not the same type of question you will see on the exam but has a lot of questions testing basic and complex facts. The ACE questions are very helpful but IMO are slightly easier than what you should expect on the real exam. I also used Big Blue which I found helpful when you don't have time to read an entire textbook - it's in an outline format, with all the fat trimmed out and the facts that you need to know are in there.

Hope this is helpful.

I took my boards this past August and I'm selling all my books - if you're interested, PM me.
 
Are the SEE (Self-Education and Evaluation Program) booklets review helpful for the written board? I wanted to do as many board like question exams as I can.

Thank you for your help

ACE for me was SOOOO helpful. You should know that a lot of the ACE question writers also have written the board exam questions. In fact, I thought there were 3 or 4 questions that were the same. They have really great explanations to the questions.

Although my buddy didn't find them as helpful as I did - which I really found hard to believe, but whatever, people learn differently. If you can get a copy of each exam (I think they started in 2005), that is A LOT of practice questions.

SEE is crazy hard and contains esoteric material that won't help you.