Ace the Dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was wondering if there is anyone else who has used this program. I'm done with my DAT, and I started to do some private tutoring for someone who is still studying to retake the test. This person got Ace the DAT and I log into the account after a practice test to see how the person did. I keep finding what I think are mistakes. Out of two full practice tests I feel like I've come across at least a dozen errors in the science sections. I am by no means a chemistry or bio expert, but I think I am right about these mistakes, and was wondering if anyone else has used this program and found similar numerous mistakes.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that its pretty good when it comes to the QR section... so I'm guessing that QR is its only redeeming quality.

You are right about the mistakes. AcetheDat is terrible. They also have an inaccurate method for scoring. I felt LESS confident about the DAT after taking their practice material.

My favorite still is the RC section where all the questions were related to a different passage that was not even on the same test.

I still think achiever was the most useful prep...but I've heard destroyer is amazing as well. Tell your friend to look into those.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you that DAT Destroyer was fantastically helpful and comprehensive. You just have to know the book inside and out and keep yourself updated by contacing the owners. They are supremely helpful. Besides that I used Scholarware's DAT program, but it's only helpful for familiarization and practice on the sections not covered by Destroyer. Hope this was helpful. Goodluck.

**************- The PAT section was the ONLY challenging section on their site-moreso than the actual test. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE RC, QR prep. Bio, Orgo, and GChem are ok- just not challenging enough...

absolutely terrible. Don't bother with it, unless you want inflated qr/rc sections, inaccurately scored TS, and overly hard PAT. Oh, and last I used it, their QR section was incorrectly timed.