ACEP and my crummy program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hornet871

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been listening to all of you recommend for the past few months that we reserve our hotel rooms for ACEP, and all the while I've been thinking: Yeah, that's for those guys in other programs whose accommodations aren't taken care of already...

... until today, when I receive a message from our program secretary requesting that we make our reservations soon, before everything is sold out.

So you're telling me that my program originally promised us accommodations at the ACEP hotel but now, at this late date, is asking us to take care of things on our own? Why didn't they tell us this in July, when the rest of you were getting on top of things?

My program is just getting worse and worse. Sometimes I wish I had transferred out as a second year while I still had the chance. Thank God it's all going to be over in 11 months.

Members don't see this ad.

Hornet871 said:
So, I've been listening to all of you recommend for the past few months that we reserve our hotel rooms for ACEP, and all the while I've been thinking: Yeah, that's for those guys in other programs whose accommodations aren't taken care of already...

... until today, when I receive a message from our program secretary requesting that we make our reservations soon, before everything is sold out.

So you're telling me that my program originally promised us accommodations at the ACEP hotel but now, at this late date, is asking us to take care of things on our own? Why didn't they tell us this in July, when the rest of you were getting on top of things?

My program is just getting worse and worse. Sometimes I wish I had transferred out as a second year while I still had the chance. Thank God it's all going to be over in 11 months.

I found out that I was selected to the medical legal committeee and that I have a mandatory meeting. I wasn't planning on going becuase of a difficult schedule, so I had to find accommodations very recently. When I looked at the hotels associated with ACEP, they were all very expensive, and most were sold out. So I did a little searching on my own. I found a Red Lion Inn (not too swank, but clean) that is just as close as anything else and is at LEAST half the price. I found rooms for $109 per night on Travelocity. If you share that with someone, that's pretty cheap.

Thought you'd like to know...

Hornet871 said:

Check out FourPoints Sheraton. Reserved rooms there a couple of weeks ago for around 200 per night. This is about 2 blocks from the conference.

For what it's worth...

Hornet871 said:

dude. you so should have come to my program. lots of whorish pixies bro.

Q