ACFAS “Experts” - Research Article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CutsWithFury

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Came across the attached article and thought it was pretty clear identifying current weaknesses in Podiatry.

For starters it would have been better if they separated the data between ACFAS and AOFAS rather than lumping it together. Would be interesting to see which conference has more “experts” lecturing.

What the article clearly identifies is that most speakers are not experts in that particular topic.

So I present the question…

Why are residents and fellows lecturing at all? Especially if they are not board certified? They clearly are not lecturing on first hand experience and are essentially doing a literature review when they present but can’t provide any real insight. I know we have all sat through some of those lectures.

Personally I think the general public deserves more if they are attending these conferences trying to learn. Current DPM fellows and residents don’t belong on the podium teaching general topics.

I’m ok with them presenting their own original research and case studies. But general topics I don’t think is the correct thing to allow.

IMG_0015.JPG

Members don't see this ad.