ACGME Peds with only Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Depends where you want to match. I didn't take either and had no problem matching an ACGME program. Some programs require step 1 so you will automatically be DQ from those programs. Apply broadly and you should have no issues assuming you have a solid app and comlex scores.
 
Applied this cycle, so no match yet, but I had average Step 2 (240s), no Step 1 and crappy COMLEX 1 and 2 (480s/470s), applied to ~40 programs in north east (all had at least 1 DO) and got 15 interviews, so I was pretty happy. A few places asked me why I didn't take Step 1, a few places said nice job on Step 2 and the rest didn't bring it up. Not much love from big academic centers, but that's not really what I was aiming for.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied this cycle, so no match yet, but I had average Step 2 (240s), no Step 1 and crappy COMLEX 1 and 2 (480s/470s), applied to ~40 programs in north east (all had at least 1 DO) and got 15 interviews, so I was pretty happy. A few places asked me why I didn't take Step 1, a few places said nice job on Step 2 and the rest didn't bring it up. Not much love from big academic centers, but that's not really what I was aiming for.

15 interviews..... you matched somewhere. I hope you end up where you wanted. Now the waiting game occurs which is the hardest part!
 
@arewethereyet... how do you define "big" academic center and what type of programs did you interview at?

Ah yes, I was thinking of the places I applied to with fellows and lots of research like UConn, U Maryland, DuPont, Cleveland Clinic, Rainbow Babies, etc. Nothing too crazy. I interviewed at smaller places mostly with no fellows and some places with IMGs such as Tufts, Albany, Cooper, Baystate, Sinai at Baltimore, Inova, Stony Brook, etc.